Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aaarrrggghhh
    • By aaarrrggghhh 5th Oct 17, 10:46 PM
    • 1,217Posts
    • 10,232Thanks
    aaarrrggghhh
    Thomas Cook and Irma
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:46 PM
    Thomas Cook and Irma 5th Oct 17 at 10:46 PM
    We've just returned from a holiday to Florida. My question is regarding possible compensation for the cancellations and delays experienced beforehand.

We were booked to fly on 09/09 with Thomas Cook. This flight was cancelled although this wasn't communicated to us until we got to the airport, costing us fifty quid in taxi fares there and back.

I got on the phone to them and rearranged the flight for 11/09, the Monday. MSE and TC website were reporting that TC flights were cancelled until this date when flights would resume.

We got to the airport on the Monday to find that this flight had been delayed, by 48 hours. No communication again and all showing as good online. Another fifty quid in taxis down.

We then get to Wednesday 13/09. We get to the airport to find the flight had been delayed again, this time by an hour. At the gate, we are told that in actual fact there is a 'problem with the plane' and we are to go to the next gate (of course, this had nothing to do with the fact only 11 people were due to fly on the first plane...) We eventually took off 90 minutes late and arrived in Orlando. We then waited nearly an hour for them to open the plane doors as there was a problem with the walkway. We got off the plane within the three hours needed for EU compensation.

Does the fact other airlines were flying on Monday count? TC didn't fly until the Wednesday. I only want the money spent on taxis back, really. I suppose Resolver might be the way to go but annoyed with lack of communication and all advice from TC was 'go to the airport as normal' even though flights were cancelled.
    10 Ways to Spend All Your Student Loan In A Week
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,665Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin