Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kiemci87
    • By Kiemci87 5th Oct 17, 10:42 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kiemci87
    Sjpn
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:42 PM
    Sjpn 5th Oct 17 at 10:42 PM
    So I got pulled for speeding on 21/03/17 and have received a SJPN in the post dated 29/09/17. I have read elsewhere that there is a 6 month time limit to be notified of any proceedings. If this deemed to be the date of posting? Thus they are just outside of this 6 month period?

Another factor in this is that the officer actually recorded on the ticket the incorrect speed. He wrote 30 as my speed (in a 30 zone). However there is a second statement from the officer dated 22/09/17 (outside of 6 months) in which he corrects the speed.

I completely admit my guilt for this case as I was definitely speeding however is there a case to appeal that they have not fully complied with procedures for this?

Any advise ould be welcome

Thanks
    Kieron
Page 1
    • wgl2014
    • By wgl2014 5th Oct 17, 11:35 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    wgl2014
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:35 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:35 PM
    Look here http://www.counsel.direct/news/2016/6/14/single-justice-procedure-notice
    Last edited by wgl2014; 05-10-2017 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Error
    • soolin
    • By soolin 6th Oct 17, 8:33 AM
    • 59,297 Posts
    • 42,027 Thanks
    soolin
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:33 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:33 AM
    So I got pulled for speeding on 21/03/17 and have received a SJPN in the post dated 29/09/17. I have read elsewhere that there is a 6 month time limit to be notified of any proceedings. If this deemed to be the date of posting? Thus they are just outside of this 6 month period?

Another factor in this is that the officer actually recorded on the ticket the incorrect speed. He wrote 30 as my speed (in a 30 zone). However there is a second statement from the officer dated 22/09/17 (outside of 6 months) in which he corrects the speed.

I completely admit my guilt for this case as I was definitely speeding however is there a case to appeal that they have not fully complied with procedures for this?

Thanks
    Kieron
    Originally posted by Kiemci87
    It is never quite as simple as '6 months' and speeding questions are best addressed over on this forum:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=5

However, watch your timings on this and get an answer quickly, and please note that forum doesn't seem to like Hotmail email addresses when you try and sign up.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Warwick Hunt
    • By Warwick Hunt 6th Oct 17, 10:34 AM
    • 423 Posts
    • 214 Thanks
    Warwick Hunt
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:34 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:34 AM
    So I got pulled for speeding on 21/03/17 and have received a SJPN in the post dated 29/09/17. I have read elsewhere that there is a 6 month time limit to be notified of any proceedings.That is for the information to be laid before a court. Your papers can come later. If this deemed to be the date of posting? Thus they are just outside of this 6 month period? Possible but unlikely.

Another factor in this is that the officer actually recorded on the ticket the incorrect speed. He wrote 30 as my speed (in a 30 zone). However there is a second statement from the officer dated 22/09/17 (outside of 6 months) in which he corrects the speed.Which they are allowed to do.

I completely admit my guilt for this case as I was definitely speeding however is there a case to appeal that they have not fully complied with procedures for this?There's no appeal at this stage, simply plead not guilty and go to trial if you think you have a case.

Thanks
    Kieron
    Originally posted by Kiemci87
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

1,542Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin