Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aspects
    • By Aspects 5th Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Aspects
    Do I have this right?
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    Do I have this right? 5th Oct 17 at 10:18 PM
    Dear all,

Thank you for the wonderful newbies thread, that was some of the most useful information I have read.

Just to make sure I have this right;

Step 1) Complain to the retailer (in this case Bakerstone in Newcastle)
    step 2) (THIS is where I get a little cloudy) - do I appeal to the firms appeal process before the time they allotted me? Wouldn't this be legitimising the ticket? They are a member of the IPC (Vehicle control services LTD) and on the thread it said appeals to the IPC are pointless for its a kangaroo court.

After I complain tomorrow to the retailer to see if they will contact this sham company and withdraw the claim (is that right) and then after that what is the best course of outcome? Just seems a bit counter intuative to appeal to this mascaraed of a company knowing they will reject the claim no matter what because they want money.

(Quick facts) The vehicle was parked on the Barker and Stonehouse car park right next to the shop at 9:30 PM as the so called keeper got out to view the contents of the shop window for no more than 10 minutes, and they received a ticket. This happened on the 26/09/2017.

Appreciate any help - thanks again.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Oct 17, 10:28 PM
    • 40,511 Posts
    • 80,903 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:28 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:28 PM
    Always complain to the retail manager/landowner/CEO, never customer services.

The keeper appeals to the PPC within the appeal timeframe (usually 21 days for IPC members) unless the complaint to the manager/landowner/CEO has worked and confirmation has been received from the PPC.

The keeper does not appeal to the IAS.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 6th Oct 17, 6:18 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 3,186 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:18 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 6:18 AM
    Do VCS have any signs up there? They infest the car parks around the corner in Strawberry Lane but can't recall seeing any at B&S
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Aspects
    • By Aspects 6th Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Aspects
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    Yeah they do mate, either way they're !!!!ing scum.
    • Aspects
    • By Aspects 6th Oct 17, 11:16 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Aspects
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:16 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:16 AM
    Thank you. So basically ring the retailer then appeal through their website? IF i appealed they'll just reject because they want their money though so what is the point?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

3,238Users online

Martin's Twitter