Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • anealk
    • By anealk 5th Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 19Thanks
    Buildings Insurance - Culverted Watercourse
    • #1
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    Buildings Insurance - Culverted Watercourse 5th Oct 17 at 9:06 PM

    I'm in the process of buying a house and sorting the buildings insurance.

    The Thames Water search, as part of the conveyancing process, identified a 'culverted watercouse' that runs through the bottom of the garden (around 10 meters from the main building).

    After further investigation, the culverted watercourse is some 3ft underground and is constructed of a concrete pipe.

    One of the buildings insurance questions asks:

    "Is the property within 400 metres (¼ mile) of water?"
    (This may include a river, stream, brook, lake, watercourse or the sea, within a 400 metre (¼ mile) radius.)

    Should I mark this as yes or no?

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,993Posts Today

6,456Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

  • RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

  • Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia?

  • Follow Martin