Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rconnell
    • By rconnell 5th Oct 17, 9:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rconnell
    Which quick dry gloss is best?
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:04 PM
    Which quick dry gloss is best? 5th Oct 17 at 9:04 PM
    Due to the solvent gloss having a tendency to go yellow, I have been painting a little using Leyland quick dry gloss which goes on well but does leave some brush strokes. I am going to doing a lot of painting and I want the best look I can get. Reading online Johnstones Aqua Gloss gets good reviews but just wondered if people preferred Leyland, Johnstone, Crown or Dulux Quick dry gloss for durability and finish? Thanks!
Page 1
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 5th Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 66,667 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    Your brush is probably the prime suspect. Buy quality. If it isn't that then more coats of more liquid paint is better than anything gloopy for a perfect finish. I don't know if quick dry paint is gloopy, I know that one-coat is.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    • Grenage
    • By Grenage 5th Oct 17, 11:55 PM
    • 1,324 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    Grenage
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:55 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:55 PM
    Anything water based is quick to dry, but as suggested you need to use a good brush and avoid any of the one-coat wonder/no-drip paints.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,942Posts Today

7,736Users online

Martin's Twitter