Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mikey hall
    • By Mikey hall 5th Oct 17, 8:43 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mikey hall
    UKCPS- Parking fine £100, 2nd letter
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:43 PM
    UKCPS- Parking fine £100, 2nd letter 5th Oct 17 at 8:43 PM
    Hey, got a parking fine for parking without a permit, they haven't sent any proof. Anyways I ignored it and have passed the appeals procedured and they have sent another letter saying they will increase my £100 fine if I don't pay it within 14 days and could start court proceedings, I really do not want to pay this. What shall I do?
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Oct 17, 8:45 PM
    • 14,947 Posts
    • 23,473 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:45 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:45 PM
    I really do not want to pay this. What shall I do?
    Deal with it!

Everything you need to do/know is detailed in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post # 1. It’s not a magic wand to get rid of this, but it does tell you the correct way in which you should be handling things.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Oct 17, 8:55 PM
    • 40,418 Posts
    • 80,734 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:55 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:55 PM
    It is not a fine.

What type of car park was it? Residential, workplace, railway station etcetera?

As above, get stuck into the NEWBIES thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Mikey hall
    • By Mikey hall 5th Oct 17, 9:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mikey hall
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:01 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:01 PM
    residential street next to a block of apartments, ive had a look of the newbies thread but didnt understand most of it, they havent sent me any photographic evidence of parking without a permit but ive missed the boat to appeal.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 3,954 Posts
    • 2,206 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    Is your forum username your real name?

If so, it might be a good idea to ask MSE to change it to something more anonymous.

To do that hit the 'report' button on one of your posts and ask the MSE Forum Team to help you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin