Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vicy janman
    • By vicy janman 5th Oct 17, 8:28 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    vicy janman
    Britania Parking Fine rejected appeal
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:28 PM
    Britania Parking Fine rejected appeal 5th Oct 17 at 8:28 PM
    Hi,
    I am writing as I have received a parking fine from Britania parking (it has photos of the car included). We were parked in Portsmouth Harbour Car Park. The machines were down for over half an hour meaning we couldn't pay, we finally did after numerous failed attempts and my husband unfortunately entered the incorrect car reg. It is my parents car we borrowed for holiday.
    I unfortunately appealed before coming to this site, so did not appeal using the helpful advice in the newbies section :-( and have lost the appeal through Britania) In my first appeal direct to Britania I have mentioned that we had borrowed the car from my parents and have said we mistakenly entered the reg being unfamiliar with the car. is this going to put us on bad standing for a POPLA appeal?
    We did send photo proof of the ticket which we have kept and the bank details with the £9.oo parking fair. We don't live close so can't look at signage etc.
    They say in the letter the notice was issued correctly as the vehicle was in breach of the terms and conditions of the Car Park.
    It says we failed to purchase a valid ticket
    It does go on to say that because of this error in registration number the system was unable to match the ticket to the vehicle and a noticed was issued and that their records show an incorrect re of ******* having been entered. (So here they do seem to admit they see the error etc)
    Please if any one has any guidance it would be much appreciated. I have been given 28 days to appeal to POPLA.
    Thank you
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 33,482 Posts
    • 17,361 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a new thread before first reading up on this in the Newbies faq thread near the top of the forum.

Go there now and read up on the game you are now caught up in and especially how to construct a popla appeal.

Take time over this as there is a lot to take in.

Post up your draft appeal here for comments
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Oct 17, 8:36 PM
    • 40,512 Posts
    • 80,904 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:36 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:36 PM
    You now need to construct a PoPLA appeal and post it up here for checking before you submit it.
    Use all the relevant appeal points available from post 3 of the NEWBIES thread.

Unfortunately you can't use non POFA compliant NTK as you have outed the driver.

Include pics of the signs if you can get them.

You also need to find out if byelaws apply to the harbour car park as these may help you.

Your PoPLA code will last for 30 days by the way.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 05-10-2017 at 8:51 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Oct 17, 8:52 PM
    • 4,731 Posts
    • 3,067 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:52 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:52 PM
    Are you sure you parked in Portsmouth with Britannia?

Or were you perhaps in Plymouth?

I only ask because I could get photos if it's in Portsmouth, but Britannia's website doesn't seem to list a Portsmouth car park.

The only Harbour Car Park in Portsmouth is run by Portsmouth City Council.
    Last edited by KeithP; 05-10-2017 at 8:55 PM.
    • vicy janman
    • By vicy janman 5th Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vicy janman
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    Ok thank you. I was just a little confused with what route to go down if I'd already said who the driver and owners were as I could only see advice if I hadn't I will give it another read through. Thank you for replying guys.
    Oh yes haha been a long day it was Plymouth thank you for the offer though ;-) I'll have to do some digging.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,655Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter