Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bristolmike
    • By bristolmike 5th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 2Thanks
    bristolmike
    Endoscopy cameras
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    Endoscopy cameras 5th Oct 17 at 8:19 PM
    Evening all,

I posed on here the other day about the discovery of a long term leak from my water tank. I am still very concerned about what damage might be lurking underneath the floor, but only had new carpets fitted in the surrounding rooms less than a year ago and would rather not go through the ceiling below unless absolutely necessary.

There is a small hole in the floor right next to the area that was leaking, looks like it might have once had a small pipe going through it or something. Due to the location of the water tank I can't get my head over it to look down it. I was therefore wondering about those endoscopy cameras. I've seen some on ebay for less than a tenner but would they be likely to show me anything? Or would I need something a lot more expensive? Would just love to get a little look at the joists if possible as am having nightmares about it currently.

Mike
Page 1
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 5th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    • 675 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    Alex1983
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    Aldi has a decent one but there £40, comes with a built in screen.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 5th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 1,303 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    I've got one of the Lidl ones. Bought to have a look in one place where there was a problem about 3 years ago, and I've used it dozens of times since, from rescuing a bolt from the under engine cover, to finding the holes inside a wall to pull in some aerial cable.
    It's obviously never going to be as good as having a "real" look, but they are surprisingly good.
    • chrisw
    • By chrisw 5th Oct 17, 10:25 PM
    • 1,638 Posts
    • 899 Thanks
    chrisw
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:25 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:25 PM
    The Aldi/Lidl ones are convenient with their own screen but I've also got one of the cheap eBay ones that plugs into a laptop.

It's just as good but the laptop makes it a bit cumbersome, although obviously the picture is a lot bigger.
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 5th Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    • 3,634 Posts
    • 8,000 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:35 PM
    You can get micro USB ones that plug in to a mobile phone for under a tenner from ebay. A colleague has one and says it works well.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Akahotpot
    • By Akahotpot 6th Oct 17, 4:31 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Akahotpot
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:31 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:31 PM
    CPC.co.uk do an inspection camera for about £70
    • comeandgo
    • By comeandgo 6th Oct 17, 4:43 PM
    • 1,878 Posts
    • 2,518 Thanks
    comeandgo
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:43 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:43 PM
    I thought this post was about you and you were being coy about your waterworks though lifting carpets for inspection had my eyes watering.
    • deanos
    • By deanos 9th Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    • 10,764 Posts
    • 5,528 Thanks
    deanos
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    I have one they are very good, no need to spend big money, mine was £4 on Vipon

There are a few on there now

https://www.vipon.com/product/4014470?from=index_0

https://www.vipon.com/product/4267867?from=index_0
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

495Posts Today

3,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin