Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jennyz123123
    • By jennyz123123 5th Oct 17, 7:54 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    jennyz123123
    Welcome finance-invite to complain?
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:54 PM
    Welcome finance-invite to complain? 5th Oct 17 at 7:54 PM
    Has anybody else had a letter from Welcome Finance like the one below. i didnt get anywhere with the ppi claim 2 years ago but got this letter this week. Any advice would be great

Whilst we were unable to agree you were mis-sold PPI on account number(s) and your complaint was rejected, in line with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Policy Statement PSI 7/3 issued in March 2017, you can now make a further complaint against Welcome Financial Services Limited under Section 140A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, in relation to it's failure to disclose commissions associated with PPI sold to you.
    If you would like us to consider this further complaint, please contact us at the address above: you should note that you will only have until 29th August 2019 to present a further complaint due to the
    time limit for PPI complaints. I have enclosed a copy of our Complaints Handling Procedure for your reference and relevant
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Oct 17, 8:04 PM
    • 19,554 Posts
    • 9,659 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:04 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:04 PM
    It's an invitation to complain due to the Plevin ruling. Basically, if there was undisclosed commission of over 50% attached to the sale of your PPI you are entitled to a refund of the amount over 50%.

Do note that this is not a opportunity to re-state your original PPI mis-selling complaint. That complaint failed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,124Posts Today

7,786Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin