Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sherbie
    • By sherbie 5th Oct 17, 7:34 PM
    • 771Posts
    • 68,130Thanks
    sherbie
    Junivive scam
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:34 PM
    Junivive scam 5th Oct 17 at 7:34 PM
    Hi, my dad ordered me some face cream from a link he clicked online (sigh). It was postage only. It got here Monday, there was a face cream and a serum...and a letter.

On the letter it says " you have 14 days from your original order date to decide if juvivive cream is right for you. If you're enjoying the product do nothing. Only then will your credit card be charged one easy payment for the trial bottle at just £49.95 for the bottle you received."

They then go on to say, that if you dont want to be charged anymore, you need to call them, and get rma numbers for the items you wish to return, and send them back via a tracked method. Otherwise they will then send you a cream each month, until you cancel.

He got the same letter twice, once for the serum, once for the face cream. We tried to call them yest and today, but no one picks up.

He said it didn't say any thing about those things when he placed the order, but it might've been hidden somewhere!

We were able to cancel his card, so they can't take the £100 in a couple of days. He was charged just under a tenner for postage. Which we can live with losing.

They sent this in the order confirmation email...

* IMPORTANT NOTICE *

Protect Yourself from Committing "Friendly Fraud" Today.

What is Friendly Fraud? The standard definition for Friendly Fraud is when a customer uses a credit card to make a purchase, and then disputes the charge with their credit card company once the item(s) are received. Consumers use friendly fraud to obtain item(s) for free. Friendly fraud can be broken into two categories; deliberate and accidental. Deliberate friendly fraud would fall under the standard definition of friendly fraud. The category that has seen a significant increase is called accidental friendly fraud and can occur when a customer doesn’t realize what a charge is for.
    We are committed to educating our valued customers on how they can avoid committing Friendly Fraud and having their credit card added to the Credit Card Number Blacklist.

First of all, all Junivive Cream charges will appear as customerdio.com and display our customer service phone number, 08007789088. If you have any questions on any Junivive Cream charge contact us first, NOT YOUR BANK, and we will resolve any and all transaction issues and protect you from unknowingly committing Friendly Fraud.
    This email is intended for informational purposes only. Do not reply to this email.

However we are worried and scared for several reasons, and just need some help pls.

1.Where do we stand now legally, if we are unable to contact them, to send these items back?

2. I thought there's a cooling off period when ordering online, but they say it's from when you place the order.

3. Can they really blacklist us? If so would it be him, or me, as he used my name for the order.

4. pls just give any advice on what we should do. We are both very worried.

Thankyou. I hope that made sense, the effort of its made me dizzy.
    Last edited by sherbie; 05-10-2017 at 7:45 PM.

Page 1
    • Castle
    • By Castle 5th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    Castle
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    What's the name of the company selling it?
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 5th Oct 17, 9:07 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 575 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:07 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:07 PM
    Firstly, cancelling the card will NOT prevent payment from being taken. You need to ask the bank to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority setup by the company.

In the first instance I suggest you try harder to contact them to cancel.

The blacklist stuff is nonsense designed to scare you.
    • sherbie
    • By sherbie 5th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 68,130 Thanks
    sherbie
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    Hi, thanks for your replies. We've phoned about 35-40 times, but I will keep trying. I googled it, and other people say the same thing happened to them, they never pick up the phone, and take peoples money, as they can't cancel. I will get dad to phone the bank in a sec.

The name of the website is junivive, but the email says the charge will be from customerdio.

So if I cancel the payment authority, and I can't get in touch with them, where do we stand from a legal point of view.

Thankyou.

• Waterlily24
    • By Waterlily24 5th Oct 17, 11:23 PM
    • 854 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    Waterlily24
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:23 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:23 PM
    I ordered a similar product and was very lucky that my bank picked it up and classed it as fraud. They issued me with a new debit card and cancelled the old one.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 6th Oct 17, 1:09 AM
    • 862 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:09 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:09 AM
    I ordered a similar product and was very lucky that my bank picked it up and classed it as fraud. They issued me with a new debit card and cancelled the old one.
    Originally posted by Waterlily24

It's not cancelling the card that you need to do...
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 6th Oct 17, 1:10 AM
    • 862 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:10 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:10 AM
    Firstly, cancelling the card will NOT prevent payment from being taken. You need to ask the bank to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority setup by the company.

In the first instance I suggest you try harder to contact them to cancel.

The blacklist stuff is nonsense designed to scare you.
    Originally posted by dj1471

...it's the bit in bold you need to do.
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 6th Oct 17, 7:56 AM
    • 5,295 Posts
    • 4,934 Thanks
    eddddy
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:56 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:56 AM
    First of all, all Junivive Cream charges will appear as customerdio.com and display our customer service phone number, 08007789088.
    Originally posted by sherbie
    Just to be clear - you need to tell your bank that you want to cancel all CPA payments to customerdio.com.

The bank will not have a list of CPAs that you have set up - so essentially, you have to tell them the name of the payee, and their system will 'look out for' future payment requests from whatever name you give.
    • sherbie
    • By sherbie 6th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 68,130 Thanks
    sherbie
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    hi, once again, thankyou all for all your help. I tried to call the bank last night, but the lady didn't know what i was on about, so told me to phone card disputes... I just did. I've cancelled payments for customerdio.com, juwahtever, and the name they used to take postage. So fingers crossed it's all ok.

Thankyou all so much for your help. I had no idea cancelling the card wasn't enough. Love you guys!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,818Posts Today

10,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin