Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sherbie
    • By sherbie 5th Oct 17, 7:34 PM
    • 771Posts
    • 68,130Thanks
    sherbie
    Junivive scam
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:34 PM
    Junivive scam 5th Oct 17 at 7:34 PM
    Hi, my dad ordered me some face cream from a link he clicked online (sigh). It was postage only. It got here Monday, there was a face cream and a serum...and a letter.

On the letter it says " you have 14 days from your original order date to decide if juvivive cream is right for you. If you're enjoying the product do nothing. Only then will your credit card be charged one easy payment for the trial bottle at just £49.95 for the bottle you received."

They then go on to say, that if you dont want to be charged anymore, you need to call them, and get rma numbers for the items you wish to return, and send them back via a tracked method. Otherwise they will then send you a cream each month, until you cancel.

He got the same letter twice, once for the serum, once for the face cream. We tried to call them yest and today, but no one picks up.

He said it didn't say any thing about those things when he placed the order, but it might've been hidden somewhere!

We were able to cancel his card, so they can't take the £100 in a couple of days. He was charged just under a tenner for postage. Which we can live with losing.

They sent this in the order confirmation email...

* IMPORTANT NOTICE *

Protect Yourself from Committing "Friendly Fraud" Today.

What is Friendly Fraud? The standard definition for Friendly Fraud is when a customer uses a credit card to make a purchase, and then disputes the charge with their credit card company once the item(s) are received. Consumers use friendly fraud to obtain item(s) for free. Friendly fraud can be broken into two categories; deliberate and accidental. Deliberate friendly fraud would fall under the standard definition of friendly fraud. The category that has seen a significant increase is called accidental friendly fraud and can occur when a customer doesn’t realize what a charge is for.
    We are committed to educating our valued customers on how they can avoid committing Friendly Fraud and having their credit card added to the Credit Card Number Blacklist.

First of all, all Junivive Cream charges will appear as customerdio.com and display our customer service phone number, 08007789088. If you have any questions on any Junivive Cream charge contact us first, NOT YOUR BANK, and we will resolve any and all transaction issues and protect you from unknowingly committing Friendly Fraud.
    This email is intended for informational purposes only. Do not reply to this email.

However we are worried and scared for several reasons, and just need some help pls.

1.Where do we stand now legally, if we are unable to contact them, to send these items back?

2. I thought there's a cooling off period when ordering online, but they say it's from when you place the order.

3. Can they really blacklist us? If so would it be him, or me, as he used my name for the order.

4. pls just give any advice on what we should do. We are both very worried.

Thankyou. I hope that made sense, the effort of its made me dizzy.
    Last edited by sherbie; 05-10-2017 at 7:45 PM.

Page 1
    • Castle
    • By Castle 5th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 1,308 Posts
    • 1,700 Thanks
    Castle
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    What's the name of the company selling it?
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 5th Oct 17, 9:07 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 643 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:07 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:07 PM
    Firstly, cancelling the card will NOT prevent payment from being taken. You need to ask the bank to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority setup by the company.

In the first instance I suggest you try harder to contact them to cancel.

The blacklist stuff is nonsense designed to scare you.
    • sherbie
    • By sherbie 5th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 68,130 Thanks
    sherbie
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    Hi, thanks for your replies. We've phoned about 35-40 times, but I will keep trying. I googled it, and other people say the same thing happened to them, they never pick up the phone, and take peoples money, as they can't cancel. I will get dad to phone the bank in a sec.

The name of the website is junivive, but the email says the charge will be from customerdio.

So if I cancel the payment authority, and I can't get in touch with them, where do we stand from a legal point of view.

Thankyou.

• Waterlily24
    • By Waterlily24 5th Oct 17, 11:23 PM
    • 866 Posts
    • 459 Thanks
    Waterlily24
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:23 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:23 PM
    I ordered a similar product and was very lucky that my bank picked it up and classed it as fraud. They issued me with a new debit card and cancelled the old one.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 6th Oct 17, 1:09 AM
    • 1,048 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:09 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:09 AM
    I ordered a similar product and was very lucky that my bank picked it up and classed it as fraud. They issued me with a new debit card and cancelled the old one.
    Originally posted by Waterlily24

It's not cancelling the card that you need to do...
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 6th Oct 17, 1:10 AM
    • 1,048 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:10 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:10 AM
    Firstly, cancelling the card will NOT prevent payment from being taken. You need to ask the bank to cancel the Continuous Payment Authority setup by the company.

In the first instance I suggest you try harder to contact them to cancel.

The blacklist stuff is nonsense designed to scare you.
    Originally posted by dj1471

...it's the bit in bold you need to do.
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 6th Oct 17, 7:56 AM
    • 5,550 Posts
    • 5,233 Thanks
    eddddy
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:56 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:56 AM
    First of all, all Junivive Cream charges will appear as customerdio.com and display our customer service phone number, 08007789088.
    Originally posted by sherbie
    Just to be clear - you need to tell your bank that you want to cancel all CPA payments to customerdio.com.

The bank will not have a list of CPAs that you have set up - so essentially, you have to tell them the name of the payee, and their system will 'look out for' future payment requests from whatever name you give.
    • sherbie
    • By sherbie 6th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 771 Posts
    • 68,130 Thanks
    sherbie
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    hi, once again, thankyou all for all your help. I tried to call the bank last night, but the lady didn't know what i was on about, so told me to phone card disputes... I just did. I've cancelled payments for customerdio.com, juwahtever, and the name they used to take postage. So fingers crossed it's all ok.

Thankyou all so much for your help. I had no idea cancelling the card wasn't enough. Love you guys!

• ppeter20
    • By ppeter20 30th Oct 17, 12:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ppeter20
    Junivive trial conditions beware
    I am nearly 62 and for the first and hopefully last time I have been caught in what I can only describe as "aggressive marketing". Others on the Forum have used the word "Scam"
    Please advise everybody you know that you will be charged for close onto £100 within fourteen days of the trial BEING ORDERED. You will also be committing yourself to ongoing monthly charges. You can opt out if you can contact the Customer Services helpline. I tried to contact them but the phone was not answered.

As this skin care products claims to be effective after weeks of use, a fourteen day trial is meaningless. I ordered on a Friday which means my order wasn't processed until Monday, but the clock is already ticking.

Caveat Emptor
    • SouthUKMan
    • By SouthUKMan 30th Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    • 371 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    SouthUKMan
    2. I thought there's a cooling off period when ordering online, but they say it's from when you place the order.
    Originally posted by sherbie
    It's rather by the by in this case, but on a point of law ... a consumer's 14 day right to return physical goods ordered online or by phone starts at the point of delivery / receiving the item (not at the point of ordering). However, if you wish to cancel a service ordered at distance, then the 14 days start immediately.
    • ppeter20
    • By ppeter20 31st Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ppeter20
    Junivive-latest nonsense
    Reference my previous post, this is the latest response from this awful company.

Dear ,

We understand your frustration, however we have terms and conditions that we strictly follow. And since your trial end date has already expired, returning the products to us is no longer applicable.

As per terms and conditions that you have agreed upon placing an order online ,what we offer and what has been sent to you is a 14 day free trial. We send our customers our full size products and offer them 14 days to try our products for free. Should the customer decide that the products are not for them all they need to do is contact us before their trial ends for return instructions and an RMA number.

Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable per our return policies as these are paid to the courier and not to our company. If the customer decide to return the product, as per terms and conditions it is the responsibility of the customers to shoulder the shipping and handling fee for returning the product.

All the information a customer needs to know was already provided online during your order placement. In addition, it is also stated in the welcome letter we have sent along with your package.

Thank You,

Customer Service
    • Jerms
    • By Jerms 27th Nov 17, 10:21 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jerms
    My wife was conned as well by these scammers. Unfortunately she did not read the small print and now has had 2 of these jars of gunk sent to her costing 49.95 per jar and 4.95 postage per jar. She has been crying all night over this so close to Christmas. All she thought she was getting was a sample jar for the cost of postage. We are trying to cancel the direct debit via her Bank as we are getting no answer from the supplied phone number. Surely this practice is illegal and needs looked into by the Office of Fair Trading.I intend to email the Daily Mail to try and expose this con.
    • Nickie1970
    • By Nickie1970 2nd Dec 17, 8:20 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nickie1970
    I have just been scammed by them
    I used a link on Facebook and purchased what I believed was pills for detox and to surpres hunger. £4.95 postage and packing only. I used my debit card and they have taken £4.95 under name of Skin Magic Cares and £4.93 under Customerdio.com and then 2 weeks later £49.75 under Webcarinfo and £44.80 under Allecustomer.com then in November £49.37 under Helpdeskplus.com and Webcarinfo again £54.50. My bank said it all relates to the online FAcebook purchase and I must have agreed to terms and conditions authorising these amounts. I have been in such a state over this crying non stop. The bank wonít reverse the charges immediately, I have to submit evidence by way of a screen shot for instance of my purchase through FB however I canít find them under these names so now I have no idea what to do. I am hoping I may have email confirmation from them in my deleted emails but under what name I do not know. This is making me feel sick. I am on a limited income as I am disabled and cannot work at the moment because I have been seriously ill including fighting for my life after contracting Septicaemia. This is a huge worry. Can anyone else tell me if they made the purchase through FB? I badly need some help with this. My bank will take 5 working days to look into this so I am trying to find the FB link over this weekend. I will send the bank a link to this forum which might help. Thank you in advance to anyone that can please help me.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 2nd Dec 17, 8:39 AM
    • 30,425 Posts
    • 19,235 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I used a link on Facebook and purchased what I believed was pills for detox and to surpres hunger. £4.95 postage and packing only. I used my debit card and they have taken £4.95 under name of Skin Magic Cares and £4.93 under Customerdio.com and then 2 weeks later £49.75 under Webcarinfo and £44.80 under Allecustomer.com then in November £49.37 under Helpdeskplus.com and Webcarinfo again £54.50. My bank said it all relates to the online FAcebook purchase and I must have agreed to terms and conditions authorising these amounts. I have been in such a state over this crying non stop. The bank won’t reverse the charges immediately, I have to submit evidence by way of a screen shot for instance of my purchase through FB however I can’t find them under these names so now I have no idea what to do. I am hoping I may have email confirmation from them in my deleted emails but under what name I do not know. This is making me feel sick. I am on a limited income as I am disabled and cannot work at the moment because I have been seriously ill including fighting for my life after contracting Septicaemia. This is a huge worry. Can anyone else tell me if they made the purchase through FB? I badly need some help with this. My bank will take 5 working days to look into this so I am trying to find the FB link over this weekend. I will send the bank a link to this forum which might help. Thank you in advance to anyone that can please help me.
    Originally posted by Nickie1970
    Apologies I cant help re the money but have a few questions if I may.

But why buy these kind of things from Facebook ?
    How can you be sure the item you receive is what its meant to be ?
    Why not go to your doctor ?
    Last edited by DCFC79; 02-12-2017 at 8:42 AM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 2nd Dec 17, 9:14 AM
    • 18,768 Posts
    • 14,479 Thanks
    agrinnall
    You need to be firmer with your bank that you did not authorise the additional amounts. If they continue to refuse to help you can go to the Financial Ombudsman, but none of it is going to be quick I'm afraid.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

373Posts Today

1,786Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin