Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • prezzacc
    • By prezzacc 5th Oct 17, 7:33 PM
    • 110Posts
    • 5Thanks
    prezzacc
    New Log burner smoke smell.
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:33 PM
    New Log burner smoke smell. 5th Oct 17 at 7:33 PM
    Hi,

I used to to have a stovax stockon and recently swapped to a stovax vogue midi. Since the change each time I open the door to reload I get a strong burning smell come out. I've tried following but it still happens :

Unblocked the filled air vent in wall ( went from 6kw to 5kw)
    Opened the door really slowly after opening air wash (really slowly!)
    Tried opening doors/windows
    Removed both baffles and cleaned
    Full ashbed, empty ashbed
    Refilled when full flames/ and no flames just glowing embers

Original I could pull the door wide open and nothing, the only thing I.can think is this door is so big compared to previous model the draw from me opening is greater than chimney draw. It also has two baffle plates whereas before I had one small one. I had chimney swept November and have booked again this month so will ask advice and flue check. Just wondered if something anyone else has done works?

Thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,477Posts Today

7,085Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin