Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UKSBD
    • By UKSBD 5th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 474Posts
    • 148Thanks
    UKSBD
    TSB Classic Pluce contactless cashback
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    TSB Classic Pluce contactless cashback 5th Oct 17 at 7:26 PM
    I used to get £5 a month cashback if I spent £100 a month using my TSB contactless card.

Have they stopped paying this?

Edit: just read that it stopped at start of this year :-(
    Last edited by UKSBD; 05-10-2017 at 7:29 PM.
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Oct 17, 3:52 PM
    • 8,623 Posts
    • 5,098 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:52 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 3:52 PM
    I used to get £5 a month cashback if I spent £100 a month using my TSB contactless card.

Have they stopped paying this?

Edit: just read that it stopped at start of this year :-(
    Originally posted by UKSBD

For some it ended on 30th September 2017.
    • Don80
    • By Don80 9th Oct 17, 11:42 AM
    • 208 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Don80
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:42 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:42 AM
    Hi, yes, this is limited. I have a TSB account and I stopped getting this last year! Which is ironic given that their adverts imply that they don't put nice things in front of you to take away again!

That means as a customer for 4 years, the only "plus" I really get is the 3% interest, which is ironically beaten by the Bank of Scotland at 2% by the time I get the cashback on my debit card spending, and my Halifax account which I use to pay bills which gives me a flat £3 a month. So I am going to switch the TSB account to nab cash as part of a switch.
    Last edited by Don80; 09-10-2017 at 11:43 AM. Reason: spelling!
    • PeterinScotland
    • By PeterinScotland 10th Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    PeterinScotland
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:17 PM
    That means as a customer for 4 years, the only "plus" I really get is the 3% interest, which is ironically beaten by the Bank of Scotland at 2% by the time I get the cashback on my debit card Spending
    Originally posted by Don80
    How do you get cashback? The only thing I can see is "Everyday Offers" which are all for companies I have no use for. And I can't seem to get "Vantage" on my "Current Account" (which is not a "Classic" and apparently can't be upgraded to one).
    • Don80
    • By Don80 10th Oct 17, 2:18 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Don80
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:18 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:18 PM
    How do you get cashback? The only thing I can see is "Everyday Offers" which are all for companies I have no use for. And I can't seem to get "Vantage" on my "Current Account" (which is not a "Classic" and apparently can't be upgraded to one).
    Originally posted by PeterinScotland
    Hi

The cashback is through everyday offers, I have the classic account with vantage. I'm getting offers for Morrisons (7%), Primark (5%), Q-Park (10%), Just Eat (5%), etc, so I'm doing well. You need to activate the offers you want to use, don't just activate everything! This should lead to tailored offers (I was told this by someone who works for the bank). You can do that in internet banking or in the app. They also look at where you use your debit card.

What account do you have?

The bank says "Vantage is our free add-on for Classic and Platinum accounts that pays you 2% AER (1.98% gross) variable on balances of £1 - £5,000. Vantage can also be added to existing Bank of Scotland Silver, Gold, and Premier accounts."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,273Posts Today

5,955Users online

Martin's Twitter