Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fabster989
    • By fabster989 5th Oct 17, 7:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fabster989
    Parking fines - advice needed at small claims track stage
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:21 PM
    Parking fines - advice needed at small claims track stage 5th Oct 17 at 7:21 PM
    Hi all

Thanks in advance for your help, this is the situation at the moment:

I own a leasehold apartment which has a private car park, permits for which are issued for specific bays. I gave my permit to a friend staying at my apartment who then passed it to one of their friends also staying at my apartment. The car was parked in my bay but the permit was misplaced and tickets were issued. I was then passed the tickets, which I appealed with the parking enforcement company by email and received no further correspondence as to whether the appeal was successful or not.

The next thing I know, I've received court papers stating that the parking company is seeking to recover the parking fines plus costs so I responded to the court stating that I am not the registered keeper or driver of the vehicle and provided the registered keeper's details, at this person's consent.
    The parking company's solicitors have since emailed me stating that they are pursuing me for the claim because by my appealing the fines it is taken that I am admitting I was the registered keeper of the vehicle. I have never in any correspondence stated that I am the registered keeper or driver because I am absolutely not.
    Now I have been issued with a notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track and need to complete the DQN180.

Please can anyone point me in the direction of a suitable template for defence? Is there a case against me considering I'm not even the registered keeper or driver and I have even provided those details?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 5th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 2,115 Posts
    • 2,525 Thanks
    waamo
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    In the thread at the top of this forum, the one that tells Newbies to read it first, is a whole section devoted to court claims.

Take a good, long read the amount of information is stunning.
    This space for hire.
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 5th Oct 17, 7:55 PM
    • 5,691 Posts
    • 7,160 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:55 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:55 PM
    Sounds a very simple easy case.
    You were neither the driver or the registered keeper.
    Will be thrown out in 30 seconds.
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 5th Oct 17, 8:03 PM
    • 6,449 Posts
    • 8,250 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:03 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:03 PM
    "The parking company's solicitors have since emailed me"

Who are the solicitors ?? Gladstones per chance ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,095Posts Today

9,462Users online

Martin's Twitter