Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alexanderalexander
    • By alexanderalexander 5th Oct 17, 6:36 PM
    • 286Posts
    • 160Thanks
    alexanderalexander
    Is it not possible to buy a 37 inch TV any more?
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:36 PM
    Is it not possible to buy a 37 inch TV any more? 5th Oct 17 at 6:36 PM
    I'm looking to buy a TV for a slightly cramped living room. A 39-inch one would be just slightly too big for the room, but a 32-inch would be too small.

I know several people who have 37-inch TVs which are a few years old, so I thought that'd be ideal, but I can't find any on sale anywhere! Does anyone have any ideas as to whether it's still possible to buy any?
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 19,547 Posts
    • 9,647 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    TVs have gotten far bigger in recent years since the advent of flat panels and high definition broadcasts. It means the size variety available at the smaller end of the market has been curtailed accordingly.

At one time a 36" set would have been the largest (CRT) screen you could possibly buy, now it's one of the smallest (flat panel).

I've seen 55" TVs in small rooms and the fact that they no longer have an enormous rear means that they don't overpower the room.

Get a 39" , you'll soon get used to it.
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 5th Oct 17, 10:26 PM
    • 2,858 Posts
    • 1,946 Thanks
    lee111s
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:26 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:26 PM
    TV’s also have a smaller bezel these days. So largee size screens are no bigger than older tele’s with a large plastic edge.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 6th Oct 17, 9:01 AM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:01 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:01 AM
    Are you looking for the perfect sized TV for your viewing distance or is it physical size your constrained by?

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/televisions/article/what-size-tv-should-i-buy/what-size-tv-should-i-buy
    • Susie Richards
    • By Susie Richards 6th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 413 Posts
    • 674 Thanks
    Susie Richards
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    'Cheap' televisions with 'small' screens 'can' have poor sound.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Oct 17, 4:42 PM
    • 8,367 Posts
    • 4,976 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:42 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:42 PM
    There is very little length and width difference between 37" and 39" as this is a diagonal measurement.

Our current 42" Panasonic is the same length and width as our old 32" with wide border,but much thinner and current 32" screen look tiny in showrooms now . (I remember wondering what we had done ,when we bought our monster 32"after having a 28" old style tv,fearing it would overpower the room.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

646Posts Today

6,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin