Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HazeScot
    • By HazeScot 5th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    HazeScot
    Replacement product, new warranty??
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    Replacement product, new warranty?? 5th Oct 17 at 6:34 PM
    Hi,

I bought a camera from Jessops. It broke on holiday so I took it back to Jessops who could not fix it. As the camera was still under warranty they replaced it with a new one. A better model. Problem is they are saying the new camera does not come with a new warranty. Instead the new camera warranty will end in 10 days as this is when the original warranty on the broken camera will end. This does not seem right to me but I cannot find any information about situations like this in the fine print.

Any help would be great! Thanks.
Page 1
    • redped
    • By redped 5th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 542 Thanks
    redped
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    They're correct. When you bought the camera, part of the money effectively covers any problems with it (or any replacement) for 12 months from the date of purchase.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 5th Oct 17, 6:48 PM
    • 11,382 Posts
    • 7,651 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:48 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:48 PM
    Warranties are at the discretion and terms and conditions of the giver. That doesn't mean your statutory rights are affected, but it is up to you to decide which may be better.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,142Users online

Martin's Twitter