Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • helcat26
    • By helcat26 5th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 1,028Posts
    • 2,699Thanks
    helcat26
    Current Most Annoying Adverts
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    Current Most Annoying Adverts 5th Oct 17 at 6:13 PM
    Yes I know we have probably visited this topic before, but new monstrosities are out there!

What are the adverts on TV at the moment that you dislike most?

For me the bizarre Arnold Schwarzenegger head on caterpillar tracks PPI thing and the Skeletor Moneysupermarket one (am I allowed to say that?) are currently annoying.

But I also include anything that "sponsors" a program especially Boots and Dr Oetker as you just get so sick of the sight of them.

What is not appealing to you?
Page 3
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 7th Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    • 11,297 Posts
    • 14,837 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Defintiely, Harvey Keitel must have been desperate to agree to do that.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    Or they made him an offer he couldn't refuse

At least he doesn't have to do too much, I suppose, walk a little bit and recite some lines.

Unlike the Marmite gene project ad which is completely over the top and a load of !!!!!!!!.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 7th Oct 17, 1:58 PM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 7,836 Thanks
    Callie22
    The over 50s funeral plans. Especially the one showing two middle aged couples happily spending a LOT of money in a garden centre while complaining that they would never able to afford their own funeral expenses.
    Originally posted by Silvertabby
    It's stupid, but what irritates me most about that advert is the fact that the plants they've 'bought' are in really poor condition, and she's potting them up really badly
    • kpwll
    • By kpwll 7th Oct 17, 4:11 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 3,229 Thanks
    kpwll
    I avoid adverts as much as I can but the Andrex advert with the kids saying 'clean as a squid' etc.

Why anyone would think that kids talking rubbish (was going to say sh*te) is a good idea, funny or a selling point is beyond me.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 7th Oct 17, 8:38 PM
    • 2,046 Posts
    • 8,437 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    BG with the penguin.
    How do they expect to take an animal that lives on the coldest continent on the planet and dress it up in a scarf and coat to convince the bill paying public that they are best for supply and heating?
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2631.8
    This week 71.4
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,681Posts Today

8,513Users online

Martin's Twitter