Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JohnnyBInDaHouse
    • By JohnnyBInDaHouse 5th Oct 17, 5:08 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    JohnnyBInDaHouse
    Appeal refused
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:08 PM
    Appeal refused 5th Oct 17 at 5:08 PM
    the Driver of my car at the time got a ticket in a car park operated by myparkingcharge guys. (VCS ltd). After leaving a ticket I the car, taking lots of photos (heís recorded by the vets 24hr a day cctv doing it so itís NOT ANPR as heís ticketed it!!)

I as the registered keeper got a NTK 7 days later tellin me how to pay etc. Iíve appealed as they had to wait 28 days as itís not ANPR, also the guy isnít in full uniform and a random white van so not sure how legal it is?

Iíve appealed as itís breaking POFA which they vclaim as per schedule 4 of the POFA 2012 they can do this!!? I used the appeal shown in newbies section but theyíve thrown it straight out and said they will still prosecute the owner.

Also theyíve rejected my request under pronciple 6 of DP act 1998, they wonít stop as Iíve not explained or met the requirements for a ďsection 10 notice??Ē As Iíve not mentioned how stressed Iíd get apparently???

Now theyíve told me to appeal to the IAS. Whatís best to put in appeal as theyíve clearly just jacked my appeal of without a care!!

Iíve not told notified them of Drivers details as I donít want them hassled but I at the same time donít want them to tow my car away without legal right or at least a court order as the ticket is illegal and so is they way theyíve processed my info!Ē As the keeper

Cheers guys!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Oct 17, 5:14 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:14 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:14 PM
    its a private parking firm on private land , so almost anything goes and they can certainly INVOICE people as you have found out

they will claim that the drivers notice is not an NTD , hence they have 14 days to get RK details from the dvla (this has been discussed for many months on here since they started doing it)

so their NTK may well have followed POFA2012

they were always going to refuse to cancel , its their business model , nothing to do with parking , everything to do with sc@mming

you should read the IAS advice in that NEWBIES sticky thread and ignore them

nothing will happen without a court order, so until they take it to small claims court you are at an impasse stage, neither side giving an inch

if they take you to court and you lose, pay it , IN FULL , within 28 days , to avoid a CCJ and enforcement

there is nothing "illegal" about any of it , they are skating just within what is allowed

immoral = yes, underhand = yes, cheeky gits = yes
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 33,486 Posts
    • 17,366 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    You don't seem to understand the full picture when you say you are worried your car will be towed away!!

Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Read up there now, familiarise yourself with the game ( including the futility of sppeals to the IAS, and wait and see what happens during the debt collectors stage which is explained in the FAQ
    • JohnnyBInDaHouse
    • By JohnnyBInDaHouse 5th Oct 17, 5:25 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JohnnyBInDaHouse
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:25 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:25 PM
    Yeah without a ccj no debt recovery can take place at all right?? Not til At least been to court??

So DONT APPEAL IAS???
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 33,486 Posts
    • 17,366 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    Yeah without a ccj no debt recovery can take place at all right?? Not til At least been to court??

So DONT APPEAL IAS???
    Originally posted by JohnnyBInDaHouse
    Don't do anything till you have digested the Newbies faq thread,!!
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 5th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    • 613 Posts
    • 1,123 Thanks
    safarmuk
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    So DONT APPEAL IAS???
    If you want to watch someone fall over themselves to find a way to consistently debunk your evidence and support the PPC's evidence (based on our experience here) with ever more ridiculous statements and conclusions of "facts" then please do appeal to the IAS. If this kind of thing does not amuse you then I would follow the advice on the Newbies thread about IAS members and ignore everything until (or if) you get a Letter Before Claim or MCOL (can be up to six years from the event). When you get that LBC you take action, defend the claim and if you win you pay nothing and its over. If you lose you pay them about £100+ as ordered by the District Judge within the time frames laid out by the DJ and again its all over ...

The only other way to knock this on the head is to get a landowner cancellation. Where did you get the ticket, retail park or something?
    • JohnnyBInDaHouse
    • By JohnnyBInDaHouse 9th Oct 17, 7:37 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JohnnyBInDaHouse
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:37 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:37 PM
    It was received on some waste land that used to be a petrol station canít tell
    Who itís owned by and when I asked them they declined to tell me/answer my questions as to whoís land owner etc.

Iíll await a court letter from them, problem is Iíll be moving by xmas In with the mrs and the car will be replaced at the same time for something bigger.

Worried 6 years down the line I get a CCJ that I know nothing about!!??
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    after you have moved you inform the PPC and any solicitors they employ of your NEW ADDRESS , getting a free certificate of posting from the PO and keeping copies of them safe for 6 years

you also email the VCS email address for claims with the same info

therefore you have a paper trail of informing them of the new address for service , so if they fail to use it it can be pointed out to a judge in the future and obtain a set aside with costs
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

533Posts Today

4,176Users online

Martin's Twitter