Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sulhing
    • By sulhing 5th Oct 17, 3:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sulhing
    Motorola mobile
    • 5th Oct 17, 3:38 PM
    Motorola mobile 5th Oct 17 at 3:38 PM
    I bought two Motorola C Plus mobiles, beginning of July and had intermittent issues with receiving texts on both phones, Motorola agreed to have the phones in for repair after a couple of months,Almost three weeks before returned and my wife's phone is returned with a shattered screen. Now waiting for them to arrange to collect and fix as agreed by Motorola.
    Today my phone is not receiving texts again, had enough, we just want a refund.
    Awaiting contact from Motorola about what they will do, wish we had never bought the phones. Does anybody have any advice or similar experience please.
Page 1
    • Susan1942
    • By Susan1942 5th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 1,015 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    Susan1942
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    OH dear don't say that. I have had the Motorola 3rd Generation for 2 years without any problems whatsoever.
    I wanted to replace it and have just about 10 minutes ago ordered the Motorolo G5 from John Lewis. Possibility you have just been unfortunate as my experience has been excellent. I just need more space.
    I have ordere.d the phone from John Lewis and they provide a 2 year guarantee. Got a price match on it too
    About 3 years ago I bought a Epsom printer from Curry's .After about 5 months or so it would not print in black. I was told I had . to accept a repair and kept on if I had taken their guarantee it would have been replaced without question. Having argued the point and spent a fortune trying to clean the print heads they agreed to replace it.
    When a printer was returned it was not packaged and already had ink cartilage in it. It was not a new printer and not my printer as the code didn't match. I spoke to Epsom directly and I was told to go to Curry and state the rule that I was rejecting under the sale of goods act. I was rejecting it as it was not fit for purpose. Curry's were really difficult and I had the phone no of the person I spoke to who confirmed it. Then Curry's told me their till would not process a refund back to my credit card After speaking to the manager it was refunded Needless to say i would never purchase anything from Curry's again. You may be able to reject it on the same grounds as a repair has been attempted
    Good Luck. Contract is with the retailer but as I got no joy from Curry's I went to Epson. I was told that should I purchase another Epson they would credit me with some ink as I had spent over £50 trying to resolve the problem. I bought Canon so didn't take them up on that offer.
    Another issue I dealt with on a similar way was a Tesco Hudl which failed after about 6 months They wanted to repair it but I spoke to a manager. While the policy was to repair I told him that he had the authority to over ride this and give me a new one which he agreed to do as a gesture of good will. Could not get the same colour but over 2 years on it is working just fine No further problems I would try and speak to someone at a higher level and tell them what you want. Just keep repeating it and stand your ground. Good luck Sorry this is so long winded. Sue
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 5th Oct 17, 5:28 PM
    • 9,748 Posts
    • 4,004 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:28 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:28 PM
    Not receiving texts . Usual reply is to check your APN Network settings and message center settings first .
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 6th Oct 17, 9:34 AM
    • 7,527 Posts
    • 5,415 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:34 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:34 AM
    Mine regularly deletes the message centre number. It's irritating but something you can correct yourself if you want.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

12Posts Today

4,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin