Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • billiebean
    • By billiebean 5th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    billiebean
    Lloyds A/C fees
    • 5th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    Lloyds A/C fees 5th Oct 17 at 3:31 PM
    Hi
    I am a bit of a novice on these forums so hope I'm doing it right.
    I just want some advice on whether I should be paying bank fees. I have debit cards with a Gold account and a regular account. I like to keep them separate as one is used for paying direct debits etc for our general household bills and the other is a spending A/C. I don't pay a fee for the regular account but have noticed that I have been paying nearly £13 a month for years on the gold account. I don't remember when I first got this gold card but do know that it has been a very long time. I don't even know why I had gold card in the first place, just think it was a thing that people did years ago. I do my banking online and have noticed this payment going out but just thought that it was what LLoyds charged and let it go. I now see that people are claiming back on these. As my husband and I are pensioners and I deal with most of the money I feel I should be questioning this. I am a little nervous to put in a claim in case they say I agreed to this. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Oct 17, 3:48 PM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Oct 17, 3:48 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 3:48 PM
    I am a little nervous to put in a claim in case they say I agreed to this.
    Originally posted by billiebean
    That's exactly what they will say.

If you hope to get a refund, you'll have to show that the account has been of no use to you and that you haven't used any of it's features and benefits.
    • Nearlyold
    • By Nearlyold 5th Oct 17, 4:26 PM
    • 985 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Nearlyold
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:26 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:26 PM
    That's exactly what they will say.

If you hope to get a refund, you'll have to show that the account has been of no use to you and that you haven't used any of it's features and benefits.
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    Also would be difficult to claim the bank did not make you aware they offered Fee Free accounts as you've already got one!
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 5th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 89,930 Posts
    • 56,605 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    Also would be difficult to claim the bank did not make you aware they offered Fee Free accounts as you've already got one!
    Originally posted by Nearlyold
    Indeed, I read an ombudsman decision recently on a rejected complaint that used that as a reason to refuse the complaint. The person had said in their [template] complaint that they didnt know they could have an account without charges but the ombudsman said they did not feel that was likely considering they had another account with the bank that was not being charged.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • billiebean
    • By billiebean 5th Oct 17, 5:30 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    billiebean
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:30 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:30 PM
    Hi thanks for quick reply,
    Don't think I have used any of them. I would have been covered by the travel insurance but have never claimed on it. I can prove that we have always had breakdown cover either with RAC or AA for years that we have paid for separately.
    • billiebean
    • By billiebean 5th Oct 17, 5:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    billiebean
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:31 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:31 PM
    Thanks been a bit of a fool havent I. Oh well win some lose some.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

374Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin