Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rowan2510
    • By Rowan2510 5th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Rowan2510
    Finnair Flight Delay Compensation
    • 5th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    Finnair Flight Delay Compensation 5th Oct 17 at 3:16 PM
    I booked a return ticket from Manchester to Bangkok via Helsinki with Finnair in January.
    The return flight was delayed in Bangkok and returned to Helsinki 1 hour 28 minutes late which meant I missed my connecting flight to Manchester which would have arrived at 17.00pm.
    I got diverted from Helsinki with a different airline Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then a flight from Frankfurt to Manchester which meant I arrived at my final destination at 22.25pm, 5 1/2 hours later than originally scheduled.
    Finnair has admitted that the fuel tank 1 main pump showed an indication fault on departure from Helsinki and that the defected part was replaced, however upon my complaint about the delay they have said that no standard compensation will be paid.
    Is this right as this does not seem to be extraordinary circumstances?
Page 1
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 5th Oct 17, 4:18 PM
    • 1,177 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:18 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:18 PM
    Hi Rowan2510,

Please copy and paste your post here...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4445431

Must admit, it's not immediately clear where a Finnair post should go. This will help to keep the boards tidy and relevant airline information grouped together.

Thanks.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,404Posts Today

7,313Users online

Martin's Twitter