Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 5th Oct 17, 2:45 PM
    • 15,626Posts
    • 11,420Thanks
    hollydays
    Cleaning glass hob?
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:45 PM
    Cleaning glass hob? 5th Oct 17 at 2:45 PM
    I'm at a friends apartment and they've spilled filter coffe on the hob( quick heating type).
    What can I use to clean it off?
    They've only got very basic cleaning things in as they usually have a cleaner.
    How can I clean it?
    Last edited by hollydays; 05-10-2017 at 6:38 PM.
Page 1
    • jackyann
    • By jackyann 5th Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 3,273 Posts
    • 6,889 Thanks
    jackyann
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    Not sure exactly what kind of hob - is it ceramic, or enamel? They should have a 'scraper' (look in the drawers) with a thin blade, that can be used to scrape burned stuff off.
    These are not usually expensive - they are just like the ones you scrape paint off glass with.
    I would be very careful of using anything abrasive. I don't think it should need special cleaning stuff. I usually soak with water, washing-up liquid if need be and scrape.

But if you can give us a bit more detail, we might have a better idea. What make is it? You could always look up their website and see if there is any advice.

It sounds as if your friends left it like that - would they just expect you to leave it, or can't you use the hob without making it worse?
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 5th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    • 15,626 Posts
    • 11,420 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    Yes it's not enamel so must be ceramic.
    He's lent me his apartment so I will clean it, but I can't trace the name so I'll just soak it like you said and tell him I did my best but didn't want to spoil it .
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by hollydays; 05-10-2017 at 6:50 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,112Posts Today

7,023Users online

Martin's Twitter