Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eb70
    • By Eb70 5th Oct 17, 2:41 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Eb70
    Second PIP reconsideration.
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:41 PM
    Second PIP reconsideration. 5th Oct 17 at 2:41 PM
    Hi I'm new here so please excuse of I'm doing something wrong!
    I was getting PIP standard daily living for my bipolar and I notified them of change of circumstances and my bipolar had got a lot worse and I was needing a lot more help, after being re assessed I was told I scored 0 points and my money had been stopped, this was due to lack of medical evidence and observations made during the assessment. ( I tried to give the assessor my medical evidence and was told of the dwp wanted it the would request it). I asked for a reconsideration and notified I was sending in a letter from my mental health nurse that states everything I struggle with and need help with day to day, I was told no decision would be made until they received this. However they made their decision the day before they received the letter. I was told I could go to tribunal or have another reconsideration now they have the letter. I asked for it to be looked at agin as I really don't want to go down the route of tribunal as I feel it will be too much for me mentally. I wondered if anyone had been through anything similar and what the outcome was? Or if the letter from my mental health nurse could possibly change the decision? thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 5th Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 1,364 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    Hi I'm new here so please excuse of I'm doing something wrong!
    I was getting PIP standard daily living for my bipolar and I notified them of change of circumstances and my bipolar had got a lot worse and I was needing a lot more help, after being re assessed I was told I scored 0 points and my money had been stopped, this was due to lack of medical evidence and observations made during the assessment. ( I tried to give the assessor my medical evidence and was told of the dwp wanted it the would request it). I asked for a reconsideration and notified I was sending in a letter from my mental health nurse that states everything I struggle with and need help with day to day, I was told no decision would be made until they received this. However they made their decision the day before they received the letter. I was told I could go to tribunal or have another reconsideration now they have the letter. I asked for it to be looked at agin as I really don't want to go down the route of tribunal as I feel it will be too much for me mentally. I wondered if anyone had been through anything similar and what the outcome was? Or if the letter from my mental health nurse could possibly change the decision? thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by Eb70
    Reporting changes of worsening condition is always risky and being in reciept of PIP myself i doubt i would report if my condition got worse because you risk losing everything you have.

80% of MR decisions remain the same so even though you've asked for it to be looked at again because of the evidence, it's unlikely to make a difference. I would expect to have to take it to Tribunal where 65% of those who appear have a decision in their favour. Good luck.
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 5th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 10,742 Posts
    • 12,624 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    Reporting changes of worsening condition is always risky and being in reciept of PIP myself i doubt i would report if my condition got worse because you risk losing everything you have.

80% of MR decisions remain the same so even though you've asked for it to be looked at again because of the evidence, it's unlikely to make a difference. I would expect to have to take it to Tribunal where 65% of those who appear have a decision in their favour. Good luck.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Although I agree with this don't give up hope. The fact that they are looking at the decision again rather than your being told to appeal straight to the tribunal is a good sign.

They may even get in touch with one of your medical professionals this time.

No guarantee of course but you may be one of the 20% that gets the decision changed.

Good luck!
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 5th Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    • 1,471 Posts
    • 1,570 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    If you have to take it to tribunal to get a correct award, I would advise you to do this.

The tribunal will be very thorough when considering your case, they will take account of any evidence you present to it (incidentally, the assessor was wrong in telling you "if the dwp wanted it they would request it ").

This is a useful guide to PIP appeals:
    http://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal

This is the form to appeal to the Tribunal Service:
    http://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/sscs1-eng.pdf

If you do need to appeal, your local CAB / advice agency may be able to help.
    • Eb70
    • By Eb70 7th Oct 17, 12:06 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Eb70
    • 7th Oct 17, 12:06 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 12:06 PM
    Thanks! I heard back from them yesterday and it was still a no and 0 points! I was told that there was nothing on the letter that could change their decision. They managed to get through it pretty quick to have reconsidered the whole thing in less then a day. Looks like I'm going to have to appeal now, anyone know roughly what the time scales are for tribunals? Thanks again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,993Posts Today

6,456Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin