Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • myotai
    • By myotai 5th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    • 96Posts
    • 6Thanks
    myotai
    Success but how long now?
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    Success but how long now? 5th Oct 17 at 2:17 PM
    I have the decision letter and the breakdown as well as an assurance a cheque is on the way arriving before 23rd Oct.

Is that a reliable time line - they do seem to infer that that is THEIR deadline and will stick to it.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Oct 17, 2:19 PM
    • 14,389 Posts
    • 15,184 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:19 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:19 PM
    I would think so, without knowing whose timeline you're referring to.
    • myotai
    • By myotai 5th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    myotai
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    From the decision letter to the prospected date of payment... They state they're 'committed to pay' within 28 days of the decision letter being sent.

Question was designed to establish if payments are made as a rule to that limit or before?
    • societys child
    • By societys child 5th Oct 17, 2:29 PM
    • 4,892 Posts
    • 5,333 Thanks
    societys child
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:29 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:29 PM
    It can vary I suppose, it's probably been passed to the dept that write the cheques who probably re-check the figures, to ensure they're correct.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Oct 17, 2:54 PM
    • 18,904 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:54 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:54 PM
    Loads of differing accounts on the forum. Some are paid in a very timely fashion (the money is paid prior to the offer letter) and others are kept waiting well after the 28 days.

So, no way to predict the outcome for the op (particularly as no specific Bank has so far been named)
    • myotai
    • By myotai 5th Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    • 96 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    myotai
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    Loads of differing accounts on the forum. Some are paid in a very timely fashion (the money is paid prior to the offer letter) and others are kept waiting well after the 28 days.

So, no way to predict the outcome for the op (particularly as no specific Bank has so far been named)
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude

Lloyds...it was Lloyds
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 5th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 18,904 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    Lloyds...it was Lloyds
    Originally posted by myotai
    No better and no worse than other Banks with regard to redress payment.
    • FBK78
    • By FBK78 7th Oct 17, 4:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    FBK78
    • 7th Oct 17, 4:41 PM
    In matter of days after letter recieved
    • 7th Oct 17, 4:41 PM
    I recieved the redress in matter of days after claim was successful directly into my account for both loan and credit card
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

2,781Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin