Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • The_Newbie
    • By The_Newbie 5th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 5Thanks
    The_Newbie
    Imac
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    Imac 5th Oct 17 at 12:54 PM
    I have an iMac computer and I could do with being able to have windows on it to do my payroll programme. If you could help me out at all that would be great. I also plan to put a Microsoft office programme on it and don't know if I do whether I would still need windows. Big differences in prices of the office programmes that sound like the same thing so confused. Any advice much appreciated. No pressure , just if you fancy finding out
Page 1
    • Undervalued
    • By Undervalued 5th Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 3,175 Posts
    • 2,893 Thanks
    Undervalued
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:01 PM
    I have an iMac computer and I could do with being able to have windows on it to do my payroll programme. If you could help me out at all that would be great. I also plan to put a Microsoft office programme on it and don't know if I do whether I would still need windows. Big differences in prices of the office programmes that sound like the same thing so confused. Any advice much appreciated. No pressure , just if you fancy finding out
    Originally posted by The_Newbie
    You can fairly easily make a Mac dual boot OSX or Windows. You will need to download (free) the Bootcamp files from Apple and have a genuine Windows DVD. There are full instructions online.

Obviously you can get Microsoft Office for the Mac so you don't need Windows in order to run that but if your payroll program is only available for Windows then you will need to make it dual boot.
    • datostar
    • By datostar 10th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    datostar
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:16 AM
    If you don't want to go the Bootcamp dual boot route, there is the free VirtualBox software which lets you run both MacOS and Windows at the same time:- https://www.virtualbox.org
    Not as sophisticated and feature-rich as Parallels or VMWare Fusion but has the benefit of being completely free.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,325Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin