Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tony Roscoe
    • By Tony Roscoe 5th Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tony Roscoe
    Refunds
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    Refunds 5th Oct 17 at 12:41 PM
    Hope someone can help, or point me in the right direction.

I was recently advised to purchase some alkaline water for acid reflux.

I found a site offering free samples but needed to pay for postage. I did this only to be charge £90 and told they were sending me a months supply to save on postage, but if it wasn't required return for a refund.

I did this via the post office on a 1 day insured tracker, and got confirmation that it had been received.

I contacted the company a week later to check on my refund and was told they hadn't received it.

I then sent a copy of the proof of purchase, but have had no reply. I've tried calling but the line is always busy, and emailed again but still no reply.

I did pay via Visa, but my bank says I have to deal with the company direct.

So what's my next step, or do I just have to accept I've been scammed and lost my money.
Page 1
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 5th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    • 3,755 Posts
    • 2,765 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    Which company?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Oct 17, 4:45 PM
    • 3,973 Posts
    • 2,231 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:45 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:45 PM
    Hope someone can help, or point me in the right direction.

I was recently advised to purchase some alkaline water for acid reflux.

I found a site offering free samples but needed to pay for postage. I did this only to be charge £90 and told they were sending me a months supply to save on postage, but if it wasn't required return for a refund.

I did this via the post office on a 1 day insured tracker, and got confirmation that it had been received.

I contacted the company a week later to check on my refund and was told they hadn't received it.

I then sent a copy of the proof of purchase, but have had no reply. I've tried calling but the line is always busy, and emailed again but still no reply.

I did pay via Visa, but my bank says I have to deal with the company direct.

So what's my next step, or do I just have to accept I've been scammed and lost my money.
    Originally posted by Tony Roscoe
    So you found a site offering a free sample for just the cost of postage.

When you signed up for this fantastic offer, did you read all the terms and conditions?

Almost certainly in their T&Cs, which you will have agreed too, there is a term something like:
    "If you do not cancel your trial within 14 days of ordering we will send you the next month's supply and charge your card £90. We will continue to do that every month until you cancel".
    As above, with which company did you place your order?
    • Tony Roscoe
    • By Tony Roscoe 6th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tony Roscoe
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    The company is called Gesund2000.

After searching the T&C I've found a line that states an extra months supply will be sent with the free sample and charged at a months rate. After trying the items if your not happy return for a refund.

Unfortunately there isn't an address so you need to email them. The return I got was to obtain a full refund, I needed to return both bottles unopened, within 14 days. Not sure how I could try but then return unopened.

I got a reply yesterday from them stating the parcel had not been received and it was now over 14 days, but they would let me know when they did and what would happen next. I've sent them the signed delivery note again which shows the date of 26th September.

Its a painful process, I think they want people to lose patience and give up.
    • wesleyad
    • By wesleyad 6th Oct 17, 11:02 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    wesleyad
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:02 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:02 AM
    Tony, slightly off topic, but if you want to try this your best bet is cheap pH booster drops, you can get them for £10 and they will make 100's of glasses, this is exactly what these other places are selling pre made for a massive mark up.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

1,493Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin