Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kastraver
    • By kastraver 5th Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kastraver
    MSE Credit Club - how to answer rent question
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    MSE Credit Club - how to answer rent question 5th Oct 17 at 12:20 PM
    Hi there,

On the MSE credit club, and other things I've seen, it always asks for your income + your partner's income, then it asks about rent. I pay half the rent, and my husband pays the other half, but as it's asked for both our incomes, so do I give the full rent or do I still give just half the rent?

Thanks!
Page 1
    • takman
    • By takman 5th Oct 17, 7:55 PM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 2,273 Thanks
    takman
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:55 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:55 PM
    It doesn't really matter what you put they just use that information to show you a credit score which has very little use and other similar metrics, nothing of any importance.
    • MSE Chris
    • By MSE Chris 6th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    MSE Chris
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    Hi there,

On the MSE credit club, and other things I've seen, it always asks for your income + your partner's income, then it asks about rent. I pay half the rent, and my husband pays the other half, but as it's asked for both our incomes, so do I give the full rent or do I still give just half the rent?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by kastraver
    Technically speaking (having checked this with HD Decisions who work with lenders around the credit eligibility), you should be entering the figure for your mortgage based on what you would be personally liable for. So in this case you'll be right to include the whole mortgage amount even though you currently have an arrangement to split this with your partner.

This is used to calculate both the affordability scores and eligibility results. It won't affect your Credit Score as income/expenditure isn't linked to your Credit Score.

I hope that helps answer your question.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

1,802Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin