Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 5th Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    • 1,168Posts
    • 178Thanks
    littlerock
    How to get white paint stains off black tiled kitchen floor
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:13 AM
    How to get white paint stains off black tiled kitchen floor 5th Oct 17 at 11:13 AM
    Our son has recently moved into a "new"house, that is not a new build house, just another house. The previous owner had painted the kitchen cabinets white and in the process made white paint splashes in several places on the kitchen floor which is covered with good quality black stone or similar composite tiles.

We have tried removing these white spirit but it only has a limited effect. We can remove the surface paint where it is thick by scraping but in some cases it also seems to have stained the tiles themselves which is surprising as they appear to be sealed. I do not know what make they are or what they are made of but they are hard ceramic or stone of some sort and appear to be good quality.

Anyone got any recommendations? (They also left paint stains on the black formica type counter by the sink.)
Page 1
    • trailingspouse
    • By trailingspouse 5th Oct 17, 4:32 PM
    • 2,270 Posts
    • 3,219 Thanks
    trailingspouse
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:32 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:32 PM
    You could, very carefully, try Nitromors. I've never used it on tiles, but it works well on wood or metal. Might be worth doing a patch test first to see if it damages the tiles (although from the sound of things it's unlikely to make them look worse!!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

644Posts Today

6,130Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin