Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nickapple34
    • By nickapple34 5th Oct 17, 10:07 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nickapple34
    0 WOW
    Eurostar delays - what are my rights?
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:07 AM
    0 WOW
    Eurostar delays - what are my rights? 5th Oct 17 at 10:07 AM
    Hi all,

My partner and I went to Paris for a few days via Eurostar, and on the return journey were delayed by 3 hours due to signal failure in the Channel Tunnel. The staff at Gare Du Nord (Paris) were quite unhelpful throughout, which has left us with a rather negative impression of the whole Eurostar experience.

The UK staff on the train advised everyone to chase compensation through their official distruption pages, but currently we're only being offered £33 each in Eurostar e-vouchers (i.e. we can only put them towards another Eurostar journey) - which after our experience last time, we're not in a rush to do any time soon!

So, in short, do we have to accept the e-vouchers they have initially proposed, or can we press for a return in sterling? What are our rights? Has anyone been through this previously, and have any experiences they could share to help us out?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 5th Oct 17, 10:14 AM
    • 10,864 Posts
    • 7,093 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:14 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:14 AM
    their delay policy is here https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en/travel-info/service-information/claiming-compensation
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 5th Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    • 2,973 Posts
    • 1,495 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    You can request a refund of 50% of the value of the one way ticket if you do not want the e voucher, the form can be found by following the link above
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,745Posts Today

7,010Users online

Martin's Twitter