Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Burnley_Lad
    • By Burnley_Lad 5th Oct 17, 4:58 AM
    • 256Posts
    • 117Thanks
    Burnley_Lad
    Nationwide mortgage discount for existing customers
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:58 AM
    Nationwide mortgage discount for existing customers 5th Oct 17 at 4:58 AM
    Previously, existing Nationwide mortgage customers got a 0.1% discount on rates for new customers, but it appears that's now been quietly halved to 0.05% discount.

Nationwide used to clearly state the 0.1% discount, now they are just saying that existing customers get preferential rates over existing customers, which is still true, just not as much as before!
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 5th Oct 17, 7:24 AM
    • 9,855 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:24 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:24 AM
    The rates as of last week quote for example:

New Borrowers Remortgage 1.44%, Existing Borrower 1.14% (2 year fixed)

New Borrowers Remortgage 1.99%, Existing Borrower 1.94% (5 year fixed)

Your observation is valid for some product ranges but not all.

Nationwide are also offering £100 cashback for all existing borrowers taking a new rate.

Nothing is easily compared in the mortgage market - another good reason to use a mortgage broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,095Posts Today

8,355Users online

Martin's Twitter