Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • onewhoasks
    • By onewhoasks 5th Oct 17, 12:48 AM
    • 48Posts
    • 73Thanks
    onewhoasks
    Moving to Talktalk from Plusnet
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:48 AM
    Moving to Talktalk from Plusnet 5th Oct 17 at 12:48 AM
    Hi In the process of migrating to TT from plusnet who I've been with for a number of years. TT were offering a great deal on Fibre so it seemed worth going for, and besides, I couldn't get through to PlusNet customer service to discuss what they could do either by phone or chat! over the years their internet connections have been very reliable though.

Now having read a bit more about TT online I'm seeing very variable reviews and am reminded of security problems a while back, so wonder if I've done the right thing (and am still in cooling off period). Hoping things have improved and that I'll get a reliable service as sometimes work from home and rely on a good broadband connection. Just interested to hear from TT customers past and present of their recent experiences.

Thanks
    Last edited by onewhoasks; 05-10-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Page 1
    • Tom99
    • By Tom99 5th Oct 17, 4:49 AM
    • 687 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    Tom99
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:49 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:49 AM
    I have been with TalkTalk for many years without having any problems but it is when you need to call customer services for any reason that the problems start, so I understand from friends who have has issues with them.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    • 8,631 Posts
    • 5,102 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:38 PM
    Now you have instructed TalkTalk PlusNet may make a good retention offer. (I took 40minutes to get through to PlusNet online chat, about 8pm,yesterday, but at least it cost nothing,though the process was still slow, when through, as I have the impression that the cs person was dealing with multiple calls.)
    • onewhoasks
    • By onewhoasks 5th Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    onewhoasks
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    Thank you for your comments. After much thought I decided to cancel TT and remain with PlusNet. Yes theyre slow at answering but in fairness have never had much reason to call them anyway since rarely have problems with the broadband service since I joined them years ago.

When I eventually got through to PlusNet the price the offered for the fibre/phone package was actually cheaper than TT.. (and cheaper than if I had tried to upgrade using my account online). I 'm tied in for 18 months under this new package rather than 2 years with TT.

I have to say though that the customer service I received from TT up to the point I cancelled was quick and efficiently handled, but for now I'm sticking with what I know. I wouldn't overlook TT when I next come to renew if I feel the need to move.

Glad I stayed, just hope the transition to fibre goes smoothly.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Oct 17, 4:17 PM
    • 8,631 Posts
    • 5,102 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:17 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:17 PM
    I have got through to PlusNet by phone in seconds, though the message said the wait was 15 minutes.

To my surprise, I'm staying with them, as my speed has increased by 1Mbps (a lot when you are in single figures) after a forum staff member 'tweaked things.'

On going to the thinking of leaving phone department ,I was immediately offered the same deal as I've had for a year ie up front paid line (£16.49 from previous £15.49) with Anytime calls at £8.

Knowing that Sky recently had a £15 offer (now up to £18 but appearing to have strings about tv) and did Anytime calls for £5.50 for my sister,I asked if they could do anything about the calls package and the man said he would, while I was 'away'calling Sky.

However,chat was not available and phone had a waiting time of 1 hour,meaning no time to discuss because of 60minute limit,so I gave up.

I called PlusNet,intending to accept if they did a small reduction on calls,but the new person said that I could not have the offer,as free ADSL did not exist as an offer,but he would get the previous person to ring me....

...and he did,saying he would have called last night but only got his message after closing time.

He said they cannot do offers for line (beyond paying up front ) or calls packages ,because of the connection with BT,so offered caller display free and this makes the price for this year the same as last, with no £30 cease and £19.99 set up to pay if moving to Sky.

Perhaps they are trying to 'do us proud' once more.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

489Posts Today

3,638Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin