Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • newlease
    • By newlease 5th Oct 17, 12:45 AM
    • 79Posts
    • 13Thanks
    newlease
    How is Kent Reliance for basic saving?
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:45 AM
    How is Kent Reliance for basic saving? 5th Oct 17 at 12:45 AM
    - Is account opening straight forward?
    - Is the website readily performing or often having issues or down for maintenance?
    - Do payments in and out work smoothly?

I'm considering opening an easy access account with them. They lead the rates table and I like that interest can be paid monthly or annually on April 5, this is much much better than the typical annual payment on anniversary so many only offer.

I see some negative remarks about Kent Reliance but these appear to be on the mortgage side.

An alternative to Kent Reliance would be Shawbrook. If you have banked with both, which is better between these two?
Page 2
    • bob792
    • By bob792 7th Oct 17, 1:52 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    bob792
    Are different people's experiences of whether the money (requested before 1.15pm) arrives in the nominated bank the same day or next related to whether the transaction is more or less than £10k?

http://www.kentreliance.co.uk/support/taking-money-out

Up to £10,000 same day
    Over £10,000 under £100,000 next working day
    • The Big Bamboo
    • By The Big Bamboo 7th Oct 17, 2:50 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    The Big Bamboo
    Are different people's experiences of whether the money (requested before 1.15pm) arrives in the nominated bank the same day or next related to whether the transaction is more or less than £10k?

http://www.kentreliance.co.uk/support/taking-money-out

Up to £10,000 same day
    Over £10,000 under £100,000 next working day
    Originally posted by bob792
    Thanks for that ;…that’ll be the reason then;

…all my transfers were over £10k but less than £20k.

‘Faster Payments’ have a daily cap of £20k,…I wonder why Kent Reliance have a 2 tiered transfer-out structure, the lowest of which only goes up to £10k?...or is that standard practice for B.Society’s.
    • bob792
    • By bob792 7th Oct 17, 3:16 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    bob792
    ‘Faster Payments’ have a daily cap of £20k,…I wonder why Kent Reliance have a 2 tiered transfer-out structure, the lowest of which only goes up to £10k?...or is that standard practice for B.Society’s.
    Originally posted by The Big Bamboo
    The 'Faster Payments' system has a £250k cap, but banks pick lower amounts to suit their own needs.
    Many BS's only pay out the next day for everything, so £10k the same day is better than them.
    • The Big Bamboo
    • By The Big Bamboo 7th Oct 17, 3:35 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    The Big Bamboo
    The 'Faster Payments' system has a £250k cap, but banks pick lower amounts to suit their own needs.
    Many BS's only pay out the next day for everything, so £10k the same day is better than them.
    Originally posted by bob792
    It’s quite interesting to see how the different Banks et al set their ‘Faster Payment’ limits… it’s a bleedin’ minefield.

http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/about-us/personal-transaction
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,450Posts Today

8,196Users online

Martin's Twitter