Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kiwinz89
    • By Kiwinz89 5th Oct 17, 12:00 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kiwinz89
    Broadband cost after contact
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:00 AM
    Broadband cost after contact 5th Oct 17 at 12:00 AM
    My contract with Virgin has just ended. I was paying £34pm for 12months VIVID100. Now three contract is up, my monthly bill is £45.

However, current deals for new customers is £32pm 12month contract, then £38 per month VIVID100.

I'm a little confused. To me it is saying that the cost of VIVID100 at market price is £38 with new customer discount of £6.

So, why is my out of contract price still £45? It is now looking as though they're claiming back £7pm (45-38) of my 12 month contract discount.

Why am I not put on the market price, 'variable' if you call it, pricing? Just appears to be over charging for the sake of it!
Page 1
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 5th Oct 17, 9:12 AM
    • 1,419 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:12 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:12 AM
    Your contract didn't end after 12 months, the minimum term and discount period did, but your contract continues until you (or they) end it....you signed up to a deal that was £34 then £45 a month , the fact that there is a better deal available now doesn't automatically affect your contract with them, you presumably were happy enough at the time to pay £45 a month after the first 12 months, otherwise why did you sign up
    You are at liberty to contact them ( if you want to remain a customer of VM ) and negotiate a new deal, that may or may not be as good as the current new customer offer of £32/38 a month
    Why do you think they structure deals in this way (not just VM) , they hope that you will not realise you have passed the discount period, or 'customer intertia' means you cannot be bothered to contact them about getting a better price, they want to get as much money out of you as they can, or tie you down to a new minimum term
    Last edited by iniltous; 05-10-2017 at 9:17 AM.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 5th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    • 1,380 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:15 AM
    Don't know where you're getting your prices but I've just checked and the current deal is £34 a month for 12 months and then rising to £45 with a £20 activation fee for Vivid 100.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,655Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter