Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • daz378
    • By daz378 4th Oct 17, 11:53 PM
    • 544Posts
    • 6,294Thanks
    daz378
    coming to end of contract with ee
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:53 PM
    coming to end of contract with ee 4th Oct 17 at 11:53 PM
    when my stated contract is up can i just cancel the direct debit or do i have to give them notice.....i am not signing up again to 2 year contract with insurance 38 pound a month for a z3 compact with which to be fair hasnt been a bad phone and service been average...while in america could ring uk but not local calls..... going to america in june and 3 let you use your minutes and data there ...so thinking about that
Page 1
    • simax
    • By simax 5th Oct 17, 1:07 AM
    • 1,763 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    simax
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:07 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 1:07 AM
    EE do that too now on their new Max plans. They also allow you to call local numbers from there too unlike Three who charge for them.

If you do want to cancel though, you need to tell them. If you just cancel the DD you won’t be taking out another contract with anyone for a while...
    I say it as it is - you may not like that but what would you prefer? A string of false platitudes that are no help whatsoever just to make you feel better? If my advice has helped, please press the Thanks button over here ----------------V. Cheers
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 5th Oct 17, 7:46 AM
    • 7,434 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:46 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:46 AM
    And not just for mobile phones.
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 5th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 563 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    As per the other reply, Threes “feel at home” in the USA doesn’t include local USA calls, so don’t jump ship on that basis.

Don’t just cancel your DD, the contract doesn’t end after 24 months!

It’s a good time to get your phone unlocked by EE (free) and look carefully at SIM only. EE tend to be expensive, but from comments on here are open to price match if an existing customer wants to leave. Three have some good value SIM only offers to use as a comparison.

Happy shopping/haggling!
    • daz378
    • By daz378 5th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    • 544 Posts
    • 6,294 Thanks
    daz378
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    might stay with ee on a payg or sim only deal....how much notice should i give them....thanks for info
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 6th Oct 17, 8:37 AM
    • 7,434 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:37 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:37 AM
    30 days. Must, not should.
    • d123
    • By d123 6th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    • 6,606 Posts
    • 4,236 Thanks
    d123
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    might stay with ee on a payg or sim only deal....how much notice should i give them....thanks for info
    Originally posted by daz378
    If you are considering going to sim only on EE you won’t need to give notice, call up and tell them you are considering leaving the network and Retentions will normally offer you a sim only deal to stay and service will continue as normal if you accept (usually a sim only deal will start a new 12 month minimum term contract).

If you intend leaving EE you have to give 30 days notice, you can do so when you have 30 days of the minimum term of your current contract left to run.
    ====
  • Samantha_EE
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:35 AM
    Hi daz378

You can find more information about giving 30 days notice of cancelation on this link:

http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/cancel-or-return

Thanks Sam
    Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,035Posts Today

8,058Users online

Martin's Twitter