Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Silversurfer79
    • By Silversurfer79 4th Oct 17, 10:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Silversurfer79
    Parking ticket with Incorrect details
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:40 PM
    Parking ticket with Incorrect details 4th Oct 17 at 10:40 PM
    Hi, I have just received a parking ticket for not having a permit in a permitted area. This is enforced by a private BPA accredited company called UK parking patrol. I just run into my dr's to grab a prescription as there is no allocated parking. The ticket actually has the correct number plate but completely wrong make/model and colour!

The car is actually a hire car through work and I know any admin they do for tickets/ fines etc I will also be charged for!

Is there anyway I can contest this on the grounds of irregular info? Any advise would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Oct 17, 10:46 PM
    • 51,818 Posts
    • 65,457 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:46 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:46 PM
    Welcome! Please read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST'.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 4th Oct 17, 10:53 PM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,065 Thanks
    Redx
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:53 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:53 PM
    there is no BPA accredited company with that name AFAIK

the closest match is an IPC company

UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd (Trading as UK Parking Patrol Office)

09/11/2015

www.parkingpatrol.co.uk

and its unlikely that a minor discrepancy will stop this as the private parking industry is unregulated , only the VRM matters

please read post #1 of that NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, especially near the bottom
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,174Posts Today

5,744Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin