Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Joe whenjung
    • By Joe whenjung 4th Oct 17, 10:25 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Joe whenjung
    Indigo railway parking notice
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:25 PM
    Indigo railway parking notice 4th Oct 17 at 10:25 PM
    Hi all,

First time poster, and after reading many threads I could do with some guidance (or help in finding the right thread as Im sure this has been answered somewhere already).

The driver has received a Penalty Notice from Indigo for parking in Grange Park station. They did have a valid ticket which has time of purchase and the car registration on it. Unfortunately it had fallen out of sight.

Should I appeal immediately and ask for clemency? Your guidance would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Last edited by Joe whenjung; 04-10-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Oct 17, 10:44 PM
    • 50,750 Posts
    • 64,169 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:44 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:44 PM
    Please read the NEWBIES thread for the appeal to submit online.

DO NOT fill in the driver's name and address, put crosses or 'driver does not have to be named'. Obviously you have to put your details in as appellant/keeper, just NOT ''driver''.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 4th Oct 17, 10:45 PM
    • 16,114 Posts
    • 20,184 Thanks
    Redx
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:45 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:45 PM
    no , no clemency because only the driver would do that, you should appeal as keeper using the blue text appeal, then take it to popla , like this one did

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5698961

do not admit who was driving , nor who the owner is

stay as KEEPER, because bylaws apply

read enough INDIGO RAILWAY threads to know why we tell you this
    Last edited by Redx; 04-10-2017 at 11:03 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Joe whenjung
    • By Joe whenjung 4th Oct 17, 10:55 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Joe whenjung
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:55 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:55 PM
    Great, thanks both. I have read the threads mentioned along with many others but I will go back through those ones in more detail now I know they have the key bits of info.
    • Joe whenjung
    • By Joe whenjung 6th Oct 17, 11:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Joe whenjung
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:04 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 11:04 PM
    Hi guys,

Having read through the relevant threads, and a number relating to Indigo, I think Ive got at least a basic understanding of the game here. I do have a question about an initial appeal.

If I appeal as the KEEPER, what grounds could I put? The DRIVER could appeal on the basis that a parking ticket had been paid for, but fallen in the foot well. As keeper, I don't believe I have any other reason to appeal (signage is clear etc).
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 16th Oct 17, 9:40 PM
    • 3,982 Posts
    • 2,243 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 16th Oct 17, 9:40 PM
    • 16th Oct 17, 9:40 PM
    Re-read post #3 by Redx above.

So send the blue appeal as the keeper, no need to add anything, and read the linked thread that Redx kindly supplied.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    • 16,114 Posts
    • 20,184 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    • 16th Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    HAs keeper, I don't believe I have any other reason to appeal (signage is clear etc).
    Originally posted by Joe whenjung
    as KEEPER , you are the wrong person to be chased because they should chase the driver (who is not known)

as POFA2012 does not apply , then as keeper you should not have received any pcn - THAT IS YOUR NUMBER ONE APPEAL POINT

ie:- nowt to do with me so FRO !!

the other legal points should be added but the fact is that bylaws apply to the driver and as keeper you are not subject to said bylaws

so FRO and chase the driver who shall not be named !!!

if the TOC wish to enforce against the driver they have 6 months to take the driver to the magistrates court , where the driver can put forward their evidence to the magistrates

capiche ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,006Posts Today

9,786Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin