Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alibabaras
    • By Alibabaras 4th Oct 17, 9:36 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Alibabaras
    Credit Card Debt out of control
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:36 PM
    Credit Card Debt out of control 4th Oct 17 at 9:36 PM
    Hi, I am new to this forum! I need help urgently, I have a credit card debt which has now reached its limit at nearly 14,000 with over 300 a month minimum payment. I have had my card 10 years and over the last 3 years I have got made redundant and had a child with childcare costs that take over half my wages "I work fulltime" but finish early and make up the hours at home as the childcare costs would just take 3/4 of my wages. I go to work for nothing as I started using my card as my income doesn't last each month. I do not know where to turn. I cannot declare myself bankrupt as I'm scared that will try and take the money from the house which is not much and there is still 20 years mortgage on it. I have tried to apply for other cards but have only got offered for 1 which was for 1000 only.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 4th Oct 17, 9:39 PM
    • 30,425 Posts
    • 19,235 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:39 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:39 PM
    Maybe post on the debt free wannabe board, its the 4th board down the list.

You have 2 choices either you cut back on your spending or increase your income. Maybe a dmp is what you need.

Id stop looking for cards to be honest.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 04-10-2017 at 9:45 PM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Oct 17, 9:41 PM
    • 14,401 Posts
    • 15,197 Thanks
    zx81
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:41 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:41 PM
    Best place to find support is the DFW boards.
    • Alibabaras
    • By Alibabaras 4th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alibabaras
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    I have moved my post

thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

495Posts Today

3,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin