Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kel177
    • By Kel177 4th Oct 17, 7:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kel177
    Section 104 water/drainage connection
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:40 PM
    Section 104 water/drainage connection 4th Oct 17 at 7:40 PM
    Hi, can anyone help?
    We bought a house on a new development 3 years ago. The development has 3 properties all of which are connected to a private pumping station.
    The station pumps the sewage to the main road where it connects to the main pipes.
    We have been informed today that the developer never submitted a section 104 to request permission to join the mains sewer and therefore the connection is illegal?
    As a result of this I am being informed that the only way we can sell our house it to pay for the pumping station to be upgraded to Welsh Water standards so they can adopt it? Feels like blackmail. My argument is that the new builds were certified as complete, I have been paying water rates & the water board have been out to assess the pumping station but yet they didn’t know we were attached to the mains? My house sale is about to fall through, can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks
Page 1
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 4th Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    • 2,852 Posts
    • 6,424 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    The S104 is what is needed to build the sewer & the water company agreeing to adopt the adoptable element in the first place, it's a S106 which is the permission to connect to the sewer.

What type of developer built the houses? I'm guessing a private developer as I really can't imagine an established builder forgetting the need for a S104/S106 agreement as this really is basic stuff
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 6th Oct 17, 9:43 AM
    • 2,852 Posts
    • 6,424 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:43 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:43 AM
    Actually, having just received a letter from WW about a S104 agreement, when were the houses built as this might have affected whether a S104 agreement was needed beforehand
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

329Posts Today

2,903Users online

Martin's Twitter