Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dee100
    • By dee100 4th Oct 17, 7:21 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 5Thanks
    dee100
    DHP for bank overdraft went to Landlord (benefit cap)
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:21 PM
    DHP for bank overdraft went to Landlord (benefit cap) 4th Oct 17 at 7:21 PM
    After 3 months on benefit cap the Landlord demanded payment, i used my overdraft to pay £20pw benefit cap for 3 months as a lump sum, about £250...same thing again after 2 months, payed lump sum from o/d..
    I applied for 3 months backdated DHP and for council to pay for future benefit cap.
    They sent Landlord £543 for 6 months benefit cap. At the time i only owed 1 month’s benefit cap £86.66.
    When i applied I told the council on DHP form most of the money from the DHP would be to clear my overdraft. That was why i applied.
    Landlord said she is keeping money against any future arrears.
    I called council...they said the Landlord has to do that. Did the person give me wrong info?
    Landlord said she would give me the money to settle my overdraft if the council tells her to, not otherwise.
    Council gave me DHP up to the day I started getting ESA support group (total 6 months) which I am on for 1 year till review...so no benefit cap now.
    How can I get council to tell Landlord to give me the money as it is my money not the Landlord’s. The owner is a millionaire and very likely will keep the money for himself. He already has £700 advance from me against rent arrears. Council pays rent direct to landlord.
    Whilst on benefit cap I was on ESA £73.10pw less £10pw overpayment = £63.10. Less benefit cap £20 would have been £43.10pw.
    Advice much appreciated.
    People attacking me on other thread stay away. Any attacks, insulting remarks or innuendo on this thread will be reported to admins who will remove you from this board
    Last edited by dee100; 04-10-2017 at 7:34 PM.
Page 2
    • bigbulldog
    • By bigbulldog 5th Oct 17, 3:19 PM
    • 568 Posts
    • 663 Thanks
    bigbulldog
    Thanks,xylophone
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Oct 17, 3:58 PM
    • 8,620 Posts
    • 5,096 Thanks
    teddysmum

[quotation from OP]

The landlord's gender fluctuates?
    Originally posted by xylophone
    You have now suggested another disability to claim for: poor memory.
    • parkrunner
    • By parkrunner 5th Oct 17, 5:19 PM
    • 805 Posts
    • 1,180 Thanks
    parkrunner
    Why report them, why not just ignore the replies.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Narcissism? Guess that's me off the site then, I'll get my coat.
    • Housing Benefit Officer
    • By Housing Benefit Officer 5th Oct 17, 5:27 PM
    • 2,394 Posts
    • 4,258 Thanks
    Housing Benefit Officer
    Discretionary Housing Payment?

The landlord's gender fluctuates?
    Originally posted by xylophone
    Gender fluid non binary landthing.
    These are my own views and you should seek advice from your local Benefits Department or CAB.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,450Posts Today

8,196Users online

Martin's Twitter