Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mr_Toad
    • By Mr_Toad 4th Oct 17, 7:16 PM
    • 2,410Posts
    • 3,695Thanks
    Mr_Toad
    Google Caledar sync from Galaxy S6
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:16 PM
    Google Caledar sync from Galaxy S6 4th Oct 17 at 7:16 PM
    Ive just noticed a problem with my calendar sync to Google and I'm not sure at what point it started to do this.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and use Google Calendar as it syncs across all my devices, or it should. My phone is my most used device as it's with me all the time.

Any new appointments or dates etc. are usually entered into the calendar using the phone.

However, today I was using the laptop when I needed to add a couple of events to the calendar which I did. I then checked that they'd appeared on the phone as it will be the phone that reminds me. My new appointments were there as expected but I did notice that some events on the phone weren't showing on the Calendar in my browser on either the laptop or desktop.

All of the missing events were ones entered on the phone.

It seems that when syncing the phone gets events from google but does not send events from the phone and I can't see them on my other devices.

I can't find any obvious reason for this and have cleared the phone cache and deleted and reloaded the calendar. Doing this did not lose those appointments, I thought when I re-installed the phone app it would sync and they'd be gone??

Can anyone help?
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
Page 1
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 4th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    • 8,248 Posts
    • 6,211 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    Does your phone have any other calendars showing e.g. an alternative calendar
    • Mr_Toad
    • By Mr_Toad 4th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 2,410 Posts
    • 3,695 Thanks
    Mr_Toad
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    Not showing but i've just gone into apps and opened the Samsung calendar and all the appointments are in there as they should be.
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 4th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    • 5,569 Posts
    • 2,114 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    check calendar settings on phone and that sync is turned on. also check that the calendar that is missing events on pc/laptop is shown in list and active
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • Mr_Toad
    • By Mr_Toad 4th Oct 17, 8:33 PM
    • 2,410 Posts
    • 3,695 Thanks
    Mr_Toad
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:33 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:33 PM
    check calendar settings on phone and that sync is turned on. also check that the calendar that is missing events on pc/laptop is shown in list and active
    Originally posted by dipsomaniac
    Sync is running.

Events entered in the calendar on my other devices are appearing in calendar on the phone but events created on the phone are not going the other way.
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 4th Oct 17, 8:44 PM
    • 5,569 Posts
    • 2,114 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:44 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:44 PM
    Sync is running.
    Originally posted by Mr_Toad
    for all calendars on phone?

have you also checked settings > accounts & sync > google > email address > calendar > sync

if sync is on for all calendars and google account then it must be a setting in calendar on pc/laptop
    Last edited by dipsomaniac; 04-10-2017 at 8:49 PM.
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • Mr_Toad
    • By Mr_Toad 4th Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    • 2,410 Posts
    • 3,695 Thanks
    Mr_Toad
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    for all calendars on phone?

have you also checked settings > accounts & sync > google > email address > calendar > sync

if sync is on for all calendars and google account then it must be a setting in calendar on pc/laptop
    Yes, sync is running for all calendars and it ran a few minutes ago. As already stated sync will update the phone calendar with events entered on other devices from Google but does not upload events created on the phone to Google.

It's only working one way.
    • dunroving
    • By dunroving 4th Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    dunroving
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:05 PM
    I have the same problem with my Note 3 and have never been able to sort out a solution. Syncs one way but not the other.
    • Mr_Toad
    • By Mr_Toad 4th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 2,410 Posts
    • 3,695 Thanks
    Mr_Toad
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:09 PM
    I've been searching on-line and it seems to be a recurring issue that affects some people and not others and has done for some time with various versions of Android and models of phone.

It was working OK so I suspect that it has something to do with either the last Android update or an app update. I haven't installed any apps or anything new for a long time.
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 5th Oct 17, 7:57 AM
    • 5,569 Posts
    • 2,114 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    I have the same problem with my Note 3 and have never been able to sort out a solution. Syncs one way but not the other.
    Originally posted by dunroving
    strange i have a note 3 and just created a event on my phone and it synced to my google calendar on pc immediately
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 5th Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    • 2,146 Posts
    • 1,089 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    is there a setting somewhere that says "Sync one way or both ways" or similar wording. when I upgraded to Galaxy 6 and Samsung Smart Switch, the option to only sync one-way (with Outlook not Google calendar admittedly) was greyed out - apparently Samsung thought we didn't need it!!!
    • Mr_Toad
    • By Mr_Toad 5th Oct 17, 10:17 AM
    • 2,410 Posts
    • 3,695 Thanks
    Mr_Toad
    is there a setting somewhere that says "Sync one way or both ways" or similar wording. when I upgraded to Galaxy 6 and Samsung Smart Switch, the option to only sync one-way (with Outlook not Google calendar admittedly) was greyed out - apparently Samsung thought we didn't need it!!!
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    All I can see in any of the settings is sync on or off.

We have lots of clever tech that can do useful stuff that allows the same files and info across many devices and platforms and for some people parts of it don't work and from what I have found neither Google or Android have any clue as to why or how to fix it.

Several of the threads I've read reveal no answer but then sometimes week or months later the original poster will come back and say the problem has gone away, again with no indication as to why.

Very irritating.
    • dunroving
    • By dunroving 5th Oct 17, 4:21 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 200 Thanks
    dunroving
    I wonder whether part of the problem is the "skin"(?) that either certain manufacturers (e.g., Samsung) or certain providers (e.g., Three) put on the device. I recently switched from Three to BT, but my phone still boots up with a big "Three" screenshot. I've read before that although they are all driven by Android, they are not all created equal, so to speak.

Ironically, since responding to this thread, one of my email accounts has stopped sync-ing! When I click on the sync icon, there is no "revolving circle" for that email account, but when I sync the others, they do sync. I swear the manufacturers build in obsolescence to these devices. Mine seems to grow a new idiosyncrasy every month.
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 5th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 5,569 Posts
    • 2,114 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    All I can see in any of the settings is sync on or off.
    Originally posted by Mr_Toad
    sorry to bang on about sync mr toad but is sync on in the calendar app AND in the phones google account settings?
    • Mr_Toad
    • By Mr_Toad 5th Oct 17, 8:52 PM
    • 2,410 Posts
    • 3,695 Thanks
    Mr_Toad
    sorry to bang on about sync mr toad but is sync on in the calendar app AND in the phones google account settings?
    Yes it is.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,306Posts Today

7,169Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin