Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pbsmiles
    • By pbsmiles 4th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    • 99Posts
    • 57Thanks
    pbsmiles
    First Written Warning
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    First Written Warning 4th Oct 17 at 6:34 PM
    Hello

I have been working for a company since 5th December 2016.

I do sales and have not met the sales target every month, I have had a brief discussion about it a couple of times but never been advised that this was a verbal warning.

Today I got a brief email from my manager asking me to meet her in an office which I did. She told me that she wanted to issue me with a 1st written warning.

I challenged that I hadn't had a verbal she said I had, but this hadn't previously been mentioned and wasn't backed in writing which I thought it should be.

I also said I would of expected a letter inviting me to a disciplinary with 24 hours notice not a quite email asking to meet in an office.

I was told that as I hadn't worked their for 2 years she didn't have to do this.

She also said she was going to review my target week on week, rather than the monthly target that I have.

I asked her what would happen if I didn't do the first week and she said it would get reviewed and she would have no choice but to put me on a 2nd written, after a week.

Can someone please advise me on who is right here, I previously worked in a blue chip company as a sales manager and this is nothing like the procedures that we had to follow.

Thank you.

PS I have not had this conversation in writing as yet either.
Page 2
    • Jayjay72
    • By Jayjay72 5th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jayjay72
    If it was me, I would ask for a structured performance improvement plan with clear SMART objectives and extensive coaching from your manager.

Unless you hate it, in which case, jump before you're pushed!

~Jay~
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,633Posts Today

6,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin