Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sjs06
    • By Sjs06 4th Oct 17, 6:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sjs06
    Designer new shoe purchase turns up worn
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:04 PM
    Designer new shoe purchase turns up worn 4th Oct 17 at 6:04 PM
    Hi, I was looking for some help as I don't know where to start with trying to resolve my issue. I have recently purchased a pair of shoes which were originally £750 but in the sale for £350. I was thrilled thinking I was getting a bargain and when my shoes finally turned up, they looked as though they had been worn, and not even as though one had been a display model as both soles were marked and the inner soles of both shoes had dirty feet marks and bits of hard dirt that only normally accumulates from wearing a pair of shoes for quite some time, like a night out or something. I have contacted the online retailer I purchased them from and sent them photos, they were then going to contact the boutique direct as they said this was unacceptable. But I've not heard anything since then. They have no other shoes in my size to be able to offer an exchange, and as these are designer they are quite rare so ideally I don't want to have to return them, but I don't agree with being charged full price and would like to be given a partial refund. Do I have any rights in being able to request this as a resolution and if they refuse what can I do next?
    Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Diamandis
    • By Diamandis 4th Oct 17, 7:09 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    Diamandis
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:09 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 7:09 PM
    They only have to provide a refund for them being returned but there's no harm in asking for a partial refund if you really want to keep them.
    • bris
    • By bris 4th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    • 7,111 Posts
    • 6,126 Thanks
    bris
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:27 PM
    You said they were reduced from £750 to £350 so how exactly are you paying full price.
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 4th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 15,393 Posts
    • 21,016 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    £750 for a pair of shoes??????

Return them for a refund!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 4th Oct 17, 9:25 PM
    • 3,204 Posts
    • 8,862 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:25 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:25 PM

Originally posted by pinkshoes
    The OP only paid £350

I buy my Jimmy Choos, Bally and Ferragmos when they're 70% off at Bicester Village. They tend to stock a lot of small sizes as they're biggest market are the Oriental tourists - very handy for me as I'm a size 36
    • harrys dad
    • By harrys dad 5th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    • 1,846 Posts
    • 2,078 Thanks
    harrys dad
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:26 PM

But were they pink?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 5th Oct 17, 6:31 PM
    • 11,445 Posts
    • 7,721 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:31 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:31 PM
    so ideally I don't want to have to return them,
    Originally posted by Sjs06
    I bet you don't.

You can't force a seller to give you a partial refund. You don't say where/how you bought them (online? UK? Shoe fayre?) and that may influence any further advice. Can you elaborate.
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 5th Oct 17, 9:21 PM
    • 15,393 Posts
    • 21,016 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:21 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:21 PM
    The OP only paid £350

I buy my Jimmy Choos, Bally and Ferragmos when they're 70% off at Bicester Village. They tend to stock a lot of small sizes as they're biggest market are the Oriental tourists - very handy for me as I'm a size 36
    Originally posted by LilElvis
    Ohhhh, haven't been to Bicester village since I sold my flat in Oxford!

Not sure Jimmy Choos are overly compatible with standing on muddy fields watching kids play football!

Plus I am size 41...

I'm afraid my beautiful pink heels have been relegated to the display cabinet and replaced with skechers!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • Rainbowgirl84
    • By Rainbowgirl84 5th Oct 17, 9:27 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    Rainbowgirl84
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:27 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 9:27 PM
    Ohhhh, haven't been to Bicester village since I sold my flat in Oxford!

Not sure Jimmy Choos are overly compatible with standing on muddy fields watching kids play football!

Plus I am size 41...

I'm afraid my beautiful pink heels have been relegated to the display cabinet and replaced with skechers!

Shoe size?....just checking!
    • boliston
    • By boliston 5th Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 2,458 Posts
    • 2,020 Thanks
    boliston
    the worst part of buying brand new shoes is breaking them in - it looks like this service has been provided free of charge
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,876Posts Today

8,474Users online

Martin's Twitter