Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jordan91
    • By jordan91 4th Oct 17, 5:12 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jordan91
    This vehicle has been authorised for removal
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:12 PM
    This vehicle has been authorised for removal 4th Oct 17 at 5:12 PM
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody could help me out.

I have been looking for somewhere to park close to work that is free of charge. I found an area close by today but it meant parking on single yellow lines.

I was under the impression that because it was a single yellow line there would be a sign post stating the hours you can and cannot park there. However, there wasn't a single sign anywhere (believe me, I looked everywhere) and because of this I thought it would be okay to park.

Now when I got back to my car there was a sticky note attached to my window. (I would post a photo but it won't let me) It said the following.

MANCHESTER CITY COUNCIL

THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN AUTHORISED FOR REMOVAL

Parked in contravention of a Parking restriction

(then followed by my registration number, the date, the time, the location, authorising officer and CEO number).

Now, I have tried googling and I have looked on the Manchester City Council website to see what it is and what it means but I can't find anything. And the last thing I want to do is ring them up and wait in a horrendous queue to seek to someone who probably knows as little as I do.

So has anybody here received a similar notice or know anything about them?

Thank you so much.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 16,998 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    You need to take this to pepipoo for best advice

This forum majors on private parking charges rather than "proper" council tickets/parking issues
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 4th Oct 17, 5:18 PM
    • 7,635 Posts
    • 7,698 Thanks
    pogofish
    You would do best by taking this over to Pepipoo - They are the experts on legit/council enforcement.

Sign-up with anything except a hotmail addy, read the introduction threads and post with full supporting info (number and personal details removed) in the correct forum and the help will be second to none.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 4th Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    • 2,476 Posts
    • 3,712 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    If this is in a CPZ (controlled parking zone) they only put up signs at the entrance, and exit of the zones not on every street:

http://www.ukmotorists.com/cpz.asp
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • jordan91
    • By jordan91 4th Oct 17, 6:00 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jordan91
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:00 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:00 PM
    Thanks guys.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,550Posts Today

7,567Users online

Martin's Twitter