Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joshclemmo
    • By joshclemmo 4th Oct 17, 4:57 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    joshclemmo
    ScottishPower chasing debt i dont beleive i owe?
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:57 PM
    ScottishPower chasing debt i dont beleive i owe? 4th Oct 17 at 4:57 PM
    Hi All

I recently switched from ScottishPower to ZOG ENERGY.
    Upon completing the switch, I called ScottishPower and asked for a bill as full and final settlement, paid around £800 and the switch was completed.

A few weeks later I get a letter from ScottishPower asking for another £400 - I called them and explained the situation - they had no further explanation or understanding for me, just saying they have it that i still owe £400 from prior on the switch - I asked them to expand on this or provide a breakdown and was just told "this is what you owe - pay it"

Now i am getting sent final demand letters.

Do any of you have any suggestions on how to deal with this?
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 4th Oct 17, 5:06 PM
    • 4,642 Posts
    • 2,814 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:06 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:06 PM
    Check that Zog and SP are using the same reading to open and close your accounts. If they are, and you are happy that the reading is accurate (check your meter) then what you have is most likely a ‘catch up’ bill. If the reading is inaccurate, contact Zog and ask them to raise an Agreed Readings Dispute. FWiW, no supplier will issue a Final Bill until it has received industry-validated meter readings from your new supplier.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,844Posts Today

8,947Users online

Martin's Twitter