Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 4th Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    • 8,635Posts
    • 5,106Thanks
    teddysmum
    Changing provider
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    Changing provider 4th Oct 17 at 4:37 PM
    Most ISPs quote about 14 days or 10 working days to take over your line.

My deal ends on a Friday, first full price day being Saturday. However, my current provider (PlusNet ) say they don't do migrations over weekends.

If I make a transfer order this Friday, this suggests it won't happen until the following Monday (ie 17 days later) costing a few days at full price.

If I make the order tomorrow, the new provider may take over on Friday, the last day of my minimum term (or possibly on the second last day), so would I be penalised for leaving on the last day or next-last-day of my minimum term, though I don't think it would be very much ?
Page 1
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 4th Oct 17, 5:06 PM
    • 2,867 Posts
    • 1,952 Thanks
    lee111s
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:06 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:06 PM
    The lead time is a standard time set by OFCOM (minimum of 7 or 10 working days, I can’t remember).

The reason is to stop slamming, whereby another ISP takes over your line without your permission.

If your contract ends on a Friday, then there will be no penalty for switching on that day.

Ether way, a few days full price isn’t worth worrying about.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 4th Oct 17, 8:30 PM
    • 8,635 Posts
    • 5,106 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:30 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 8:30 PM
    The lead time is a standard time set by OFCOM (minimum of 7 or 10 working days, I canít remember).

The reason is to stop slamming, whereby another ISP takes over your line without your permission.

If your contract ends on a Friday, then there will be no penalty for switching on that day.

Ether way, a few days full price isnít worth worrying about.
    Originally posted by lee111s
    I just wanted to check that it was pro rata and not a fixed 'fine'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,625Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter