Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 4th Oct 17, 4:17 PM
    • 362Posts
    • 175Thanks
    Raxiel
    E.ON Android App - Can't log in
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:17 PM
    E.ON Android App - Can't log in 4th Oct 17 at 4:17 PM
    If Malc or Helena are around I wonder if you could advise me.

I just transferred back to E.ON and the date of switch was today. As far as I can tell everything has gone through ok, despite the previous suppliers... reputation.

I have the Android app on my phone, I tried to log into it over the weekend to submit my opening readings (as I used to in 2016) but it just says 'an error occurred' when I enter my login details. I thought it might be because I wasn't on supply yet, but I tried again today and it's still not working.

The login details work fine on the website, it's just the app.
    Any ideas?
Page 1
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 5th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 362 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:04 AM
    Also, I provided meter readings on the 1st of October. Given the website issues over the weekend, I gave another set yesterday. Why does the website still have three separate notices asking me for readings?
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:23 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 12:23 PM
    Hiya Raxiel, hope all ok?

Glad the switch is all going ok, that's great to read.

Sorry though, that you're having some issues with the app

Normally the app won't work correctly until you've had your first bill, if then you still get an error message it would normally be a bit more specific.

If you let me know if you get some errors after your first bill, I'll pass it back to the app and IT guys for you and we'll get it sorted out.

Thank you for providing your meter reads, this is great I'll feedback and speak to the online team about the separate notices.

Thanks again.

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 5th Oct 17, 2:31 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:31 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 2:31 PM
    Hiya Raxiel, hope all ok?

Glad the switch is all going ok, that's great to read.

Sorry though, that you're having some issues with the app

Normally the app won't work correctly until you've had your first bill, if then you still get an error message it would normally be a bit more specific.

If you let me know if you get some errors after your first bill, I'll pass it back to the app and IT guys for you and we'll get it sorted out.

Thank you for providing your meter reads, this is great I'll feedback and speak to the online team about the separate notices.

Thanks again.

Helena
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    Thanks, I've now received an email saying the switch is complete, and that you used the readings I provided, although the portal is still advising me I need to submit them by the 11th.

My E.ON smart meters (which I checked and confirmed previously would regain their smart functions if I switched back) still didn't have the tariff values last time I looked so I assume E.ON still haven't connected to them, but it's still early days. Do you have any idea how long that is likely to take?

Regarding the app, the popup on the portal when I log in suggests the first bill will be in 28 days so I suppose It's not too long to wait.

The reason I care is that I used to use it to enter readings directly while in the meter cupboard, instead of writing them down and entering elsewhere. While I hope I won't have to do that because they'll be read remotely, without knowing how long it will take to reconnect them, I don't know how many manual readings I'll need to take (this would also apply to other customers that don't have smart meters).
    Last edited by Raxiel; 05-10-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:49 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 8:49 AM
    Thanks, I've now received an email saying the switch is complete, and that you used the readings I provided, although the portal is still advising me I need to submit them by the 11th.

My E.ON smart meters (which I checked and confirmed previously would regain their smart functions if I switched back) still didn't have the tariff values last time I looked so I assume E.ON still haven't connected to them, but it's still early days. Do you have any idea how long that is likely to take?

Regarding the app, the popup on the portal when I log in suggests the first bill will be in 28 days so I suppose It's not too long to wait.

The reason I care is that I used to use it to enter readings directly while in the meter cupboard, instead of writing them down and entering elsewhere. While I hope I won't have to do that because they'll be read remotely, without knowing how long it will take to reconnect them, I don't know how many manual readings I'll need to take (this would also apply to other customers that don't have smart meters).
    Originally posted by Raxiel
    Morning Raxiel,

Thank you for the extra information.

Yes, let's wait for the first bill and check the app then, I know popping the reads on directly is much easier and theres a torch on the app, so that's pretty useful also.

I think we're going to need to speak to the smart team about getting all the smart functions back.

If you'd like to give them a ring, there are numbers on the website, or you can send your details to me and I can do it for you.

Our email is WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com.

Thanks

Helena
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 6th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    • 362 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    Thanks, email sent.

Yes, the torch in the app was a nice touch, very useful when I had a mechanical meter. The backlit displays on my current meters mean I don't need it for that any more, but it would still be useful for lighting the keypad.
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    Thanks, email sent.

Yes, the torch in the app was a nice touch, very useful when I had a mechanical meter. The backlit displays on my current meters mean I don't need it for that any more, but it would still be useful for lighting the keypad.
    Thank you Raxiel,

I've replied to your email.

Helena
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 6th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 6th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    Thank you Raxiel,

I've replied to your email.

Helena
    Hi Helena, I tried to call the Smart metering team on the number you gave, but it put me through to general enquiries. Anyway, he booked a technician to come out and replace my 10 month old meters.

Unfortunately it will be with another SMETS1 meter . On the bright side the existing gas meter is a bit squeaky, so hopefully that will be fixed now at least.
    • 6th Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    Hi Helena, I tried to call the Smart metering team on the number you gave, but it put me through to general enquiries. Anyway, he booked a technician to come out and replace my 10 month old meters.

Unfortunately it will be with another SMETS1 meter . On the bright side the existing gas meter is a bit squeaky, so hopefully that will be fixed now at least.
    Hi Raxiel,

I'm so sorry about the phone number I'm glad they put you through though.

I'm glad this is being sorted out for you and a new meter hopefully won't be squeaky.

Thank you for letting me know.

Helena
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Oct 17, 12:14 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Not Happy
    Well, after letting me book a new smart meter fitting, and then even letting me re-book it for a different day, E.ON called me back to tell me that it's impossible to reconnect the smart functionality, even with a new meter.

I told them this was unacceptable because I'd specifically checked this would be possible before switching back, and regaining smart functionality was a big reason for me switching back.

The person who called me kept blaming it on the fact 'the national network wasn't ready yet'. Even after I asked what the DCC had to do with fitting a SMETS1 meter and connecting it to E.ON's existing infrastructure, but I just kept getting 'the national network... no timescale available...'

Felt like he was just reading from a script without any understanding of what he was saying.

It was raised as an official complaint, and a complaint handler took over, only to repeat what the first guy told her. I told her that I understand a new meter won't be SMETS2 and that I'd be tied to E.ON until it got updated at some indeterminate point in the future, but I couldn't understand why it can't work on the old system now? What would happen if the meter stopped working altogether? Clearly it could be swapped then.

She asked for a day to look into things in more detail, but when she did call back it was just the same story.

I was given compensation for the incorrect advice I'd been given, along with a bit more for the time I'd had to spend on the phone. She asked me if she had resolved my complaint. She also offered to have a meter reader come round every three months because the meters are awkward to read, which I politely declined.

I said yes, it was resolved, because at the time I was in the hospital dealing with something more important and I didn't want to drag things on. And because realistically, if I said no, all I could do next is to go to the Ombudsman, who, lets be honest, wouldn't press E.ON for a better answer and certainly wouldn't force them to fix it.

But to be honest, I don't really feel like it was resolved, because I still don't really understand why it can't be fixed? The best I can make out from what I was told is that it should be possible, but there is a problem discovered in E.ON's SMETS1 implementation, a problem that won't be fixed, presumably because the DCC is 'imminent' even if no date has actually been set.

The implication was that as soon as the DCC does go live in my area that things will work, although not clear if it means another meter swap on that date.

So here I am, on a tariff that, to be fair, isn't bad, (actually the cheapest once you take the MSE cashback and the compo from the annual total), so I should be happy, but I just can't help feel I've had the proverbial taken out of me.

Helena, Malc, any chance you could try and get a better answer out of the smart team and get me some closure?
    Well, after letting me book a new smart meter fitting, and then even letting me re-book it for a different day, E.ON called me back to tell me that it's impossible to reconnect the smart functionality, even with a new meter.

I told them this was unacceptable because I'd specifically checked this would be possible before switching back, and regaining smart functionality was a big reason for me switching back.

The person who called me kept blaming it on the fact 'the national network wasn't ready yet'. Even after I asked what the DCC had to do with fitting a SMETS1 meter and connecting it to E.ON's existing infrastructure, but I just kept getting 'the national network... no timescale available...'

Felt like he was just reading from a script without any understanding of what he was saying.

It was raised as an official complaint, and a complaint handler took over, only to repeat what the first guy told her. I told her that I understand a new meter won't be SMETS2 and that I'd be tied to E.ON until it got updated at some indeterminate point in the future, but I couldn't understand why it can't work on the old system now? What would happen if the meter stopped working altogether? Clearly it could be swapped then.

She asked for a day to look into things in more detail, but when she did call back it was just the same story.

I was given compensation for the incorrect advice I'd been given, along with a bit more for the time I'd had to spend on the phone. She asked me if she had resolved my complaint. She also offered to have a meter reader come round every three months because the meters are awkward to read, which I politely declined.

I said yes, it was resolved, because at the time I was in the hospital dealing with something more important and I didn't want to drag things on. And because realistically, if I said no, all I could do next is to go to the Ombudsman, who, lets be honest, wouldn't press E.ON for a better answer and certainly wouldn't force them to fix it.

But to be honest, I don't really feel like it was resolved, because I still don't really understand why it can't be fixed? The best I can make out from what I was told is that it should be possible, but there is a problem discovered in E.ON's SMETS1 implementation, a problem that won't be fixed, presumably because the DCC is 'imminent' even if no date has actually been set.

The implication was that as soon as the DCC does go live in my area that things will work, although not clear if it means another meter swap on that date.

So here I am, on a tariff that, to be fair, isn't bad, (actually the cheapest once you take the MSE cashback and the compo from the annual total), so I should be happy, but I just can't help feel I've had the proverbial taken out of me.

Helena, Malc, any chance you could try and get a better answer out of the smart team and get me some closure?
    Well Raxiel I'm sorry to read this.

I've spoken to colleague here that came from smart, and she has said the same as what you've been told

This is nothing else we can do until the DCC goes live, even though you've had the meter change.

I can only apologise to you as I think I was also a bit miss-informed as well.

I hope everything was ok at the hospital and I'm sorry again.

Helena.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Raxiel
    Well Raxiel I'm sorry to read this.

I've spoken to colleague here that came from smart, and she has said the same as what you've been told

This is nothing else we can do until the DCC goes live, even though you've had the meter change.

I can only apologise to you as I think I was also a bit miss-informed as well.

I hope everything was ok at the hospital and I'm sorry again.

Helena.
    Thanks Helena, I've not actually had a meter swap, they cancelled it because it wouldn't change anything. Guess I'll just have to wait out the DCC, unfortunately no one seems to know when that will be.

All was well at the Hospital, thanks. Just had a lot of waiting around to be told so!
    Thanks Helena, I've not actually had a meter swap, they cancelled it because it wouldn't change anything. Guess I'll just have to wait out the DCC, unfortunately no one seems to know when that will be.

All was well at the Hospital, thanks. Just had a lot of waiting around to be told so!
    Oh I see, thank you,

I know it's so frustrating

I'm glad everything was ok at the hospital, I know all about hospital waiting around, it's not fun.

Always here to try and help as much as I can.

Helena
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,196Posts Today

6,913Users online

Martin's Twitter