Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RedfordML
    • By RedfordML 4th Oct 17, 4:15 PM
    • 709Posts
    • 380Thanks
    RedfordML
    Ruddy agents...
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:15 PM
    Ruddy agents... 4th Oct 17 at 4:15 PM
    viewed a property, 6 missed calls next day, finally told them everything then today, another "what's the progress..."

F**k off. Already getting frustrated. Only been on market a week.
Page 1
    • theartfullodger
    • By theartfullodger 4th Oct 17, 4:21 PM
    • 9,117 Posts
    • 12,084 Thanks
    theartfullodger
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:21 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:21 PM
    How may we help you please?
    • Jaglad111
    • By Jaglad111 4th Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    Jaglad111
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    Ruddy drunks, if you want to post a a cryptic one please email Alanturing@Bletcheypark.gov.uk, I'm sure he could help, even from beyond the grave.
    • theartfullodger
    • By theartfullodger 4th Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    • 9,117 Posts
    • 12,084 Thanks
    theartfullodger
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    Some other started threads are instructive:
    • Mutton Geoff
    • By Mutton Geoff 4th Oct 17, 6:30 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,042 Thanks
    Mutton Geoff
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:30 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:30 PM
    At least the OP didn't put "Discuss ..." at the end
    Compensations/Refunds from Banks & Institutions - £4,165 | Stooz Profits - £7,636 | Quidco - £4,014

All with a big thank you to Martin and MSE.com from Mutton Geoff!
    • mrs M
    • By mrs M 6th Oct 17, 9:25 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mrs M
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:25 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 9:25 AM
    So @RedfordML, you viewed a property and had some calls asking if you are interested (if I read the cryptic message right)

If you aren't interested then tell them! There is probably a seller waiting on the other end desperate to sell their house! (If they are doing a new build help to move scheme then they only have 3-4 weeks to get the house sold)
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 7th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 3,141 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    Why do people get so angry about people trying to contact them? How do missed calls affect you badly? I can only imagine you are deliberately not answering the calls. Answer them.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 7th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 2,031 Posts
    • 5,546 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    In the olden days, when you only had a landline, people could call and call and call and the number of 'missed calls' just wouldn't bother you at all.
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 7th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 3,141 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 1:03 PM
    In the olden days, when you only had a landline, people could call and call and call and the number of 'missed calls' just wouldn't bother you at all.
    Originally posted by Red-Squirrel
    The thing is you wouldn't know who was calling, so you would answer. This is a case, I have no doubt, where he doesn't actually want to talk to the agent just yet so keeps declining the call instead of answering and telling them they'll have an answer tomorrow, or whenever. So he considers it a nuisance when they keep trying and he has to keep declining it, even though he hasn't had the courtesy to answer the call in the first place.

I may be wrong of course, but if he genuinely missed all the calls , then there's still no reason to complain.
    • RedfordML
    • By RedfordML 7th Oct 17, 5:53 PM
    • 709 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    RedfordML
    Why do people get so angry about people trying to contact them? How do missed calls affect you badly? I can only imagine you are deliberately not answering the calls. Answer them.
    Originally posted by ScorpiondeRooftrouser

Call 1, an answer phone message would have sufficed. Ringing me 6 times in a very short period @ work helps no one.

No biggie. Actually...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

216Posts Today

1,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin