Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Turleeeey
    • By Turleeeey 4th Oct 17, 3:27 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Turleeeey
    Re-mortgaging With Partner but I now have bad credit
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:27 PM
    Re-mortgaging With Partner but I now have bad credit 4th Oct 17 at 3:27 PM
    Hi There,

I probably know the answer to this but I’ll ask advice anyway.... me and my partner took out a mortgage together 4 years ago and we are due to remortgage this month. When we started our mortgage together I had no over draft, no loans - life was peachy. Since then I have got messed up with gambling and have a 5.5k over draft and loans with various lenders to the value of around 10k. My partner has no debt to speak of only a credit card which is around the -1.5k figure. I will soon be approaching a broker to help us find the best mortgage on the market but would like to know what difficulties we shall come up against and what is the likely outcome? All advice is very much welcome.

Sam
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Oct 17, 3:28 PM
    • 14,384 Posts
    • 15,172 Thanks
    zx81
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:28 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:28 PM
    You need to define what you man by bad credit.

Missed payment? Defaults? CCJs? CIFAS Fraud markers?

Or just carrying some debt?
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 4th Oct 17, 4:34 PM
    • 56,202 Posts
    • 49,585 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:34 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:34 PM
    Why have you decided to remortgage?
    “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble”
    ― Warren Buffett
    • wacky75
    • By wacky75 4th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    wacky75
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    Is it financially viable to have the mortgage in one name ? If so this could be a solution
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,558Posts Today

8,409Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin