Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PPI_Claimer
    • By PPI_Claimer 4th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PPI_Claimer
    Arcadia Staff Store Card - getting hold of details?
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    Arcadia Staff Store Card - getting hold of details? 4th Oct 17 at 3:05 PM
    Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has had success getting hold of their details from an Arcadia Group staff discount store card opened with GE Capital?

I opened the card in 2000 when I turned 18, I was working for Arcadia Group and you had to have one to get your staff discount. I closed it around 5-6 years later I think, not sure exactly and as it was pre-PPI scandal (or at least pre-me being aware of it) I disposed of all the documents as I didn't know I'd need them again and the account was closed. I'm pretty certain I had PPI on it.

I've tried contacting GE Capital, who the agreement was with at the time, they've referred me to Santander. I've contacted them and they've been able to provide me with details of other cards I had around the same time (Debenhams and River Island) but they have no details about the Arcadia card. The woman I spoke to said that if the account had been passed to them they would still have the details, as they have the details of accounts going back to the 1990s, even if they're closed.

I had a look online and contacted Newday Ltd as apparently GE passed some of their book to them as well. Newday advised that they don't have any record of an account in my name either.

Am a bit stumped as to whether there is any other way I can get the info on this account - has anyone had a similar issue and been able to get hold of the information? Would I be able to find this out via my bank (from payments I've made to Arcadia when the account was open?)

Grateful for any advice - I'm pretty sure I had PPI on it so a bit gutted if I can't dig out any info!

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 4th Oct 17, 3:17 PM
    • 13,680 Posts
    • 14,141 Thanks
    zx81
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:17 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:17 PM
    If Santander and NewDay can't find you, then the accounts will have been purged.
    • PPI_Claimer
    • By PPI_Claimer 4th Oct 17, 4:16 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PPI_Claimer
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:16 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:16 PM
    Thank you for the reply - i thought that might be the case.kicking myself for not doing it sooner!
    Might see if I can get any details at all from bank but not holding out too much hope!
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 4th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 15,120 Posts
    • 21,466 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:20 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:20 PM

I've tried contacting GE Capital, who the agreement was with at the time, they've referred me to Santander. I've contacted them and they've been able to provide me with details of other cards I had around the same time (Debenhams and River Island) but they have no details about the Arcadia card....
    Originally posted by PPI_Claimer
    Santander acquired the Arcadia etc business from GE Money in 2008.

If you closed your Arcadia CC in 2005/6 then it is likely that the details of your account were not transferred to Santander. GE Money likely deleted your records.
    • PPI_Claimer
    • By PPI_Claimer 4th Oct 17, 4:25 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PPI_Claimer
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:25 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:25 PM
    Thank you. Looks like I'll have to consign that one to the bin then. Annoying!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,070Posts Today

6,736Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin