Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lupetto
    • By Lupetto 4th Oct 17, 2:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lupetto
    Buying an integrated appliance from Kitchen retailer.
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:55 PM
    Buying an integrated appliance from Kitchen retailer. 4th Oct 17 at 2:55 PM
    Hi,

We purchased an integrated dishwasher from Wren who were offering them cheap. It's the only appliance we purchased from them.
    Once in place, it makes a terrible amount of noise (up to 72dB vs. Neff's quoted 52dB). We have notified Wren (within 30days) who are now sending us off to Neff because our "warranty for the kitchen is with them and the dishwasher warranty is with Neff".
    I don't see that this case is any different to buying a dishwasher from an appliance retailer to whom we could ask for a refund or exchange within 30 days. Also Wren referred to the appliance as having been "installed" in making their argument - I doubt our rights are any different when buying built-in appliance.

I want to ask for a replacement rather than have to deal with the manufacturer. Is there a reason why I cannot do so in this case?

Thanks
Page 1
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 4th Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    • 11,380 Posts
    • 8,552 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    Well your first mistake was purchasing from wren (do a search on these forums and you'll find many a thread about them).

A warranty is in addition to your statutory rights (although a warranty cannot be used to restrict or remove your statutory rights) but its particularly misleading for a trader to fob you off to the manufacturer in the first 6 months because any fault that appears in the first 6 months is assumed to be inherent and its for the trader to prove otherwise.

So if you ordered it from wren, then its wren you have your statutory rights with and they shouldn't be fobbing you off to Neff.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,355Users online

Martin's Twitter