Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Redirect Left
    • By Redirect Left 4th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Redirect Left
    PIP tribunal - financial situation grim, can i find out wait time for tribunal?
    • 4th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    PIP tribunal - financial situation grim, can i find out wait time for tribunal? 4th Oct 17 at 2:52 PM
    Hey there.

Around 7 month ago, I was taken off PIP after an unsuccessful reassesment. I'd been on it for 3 years, and it was just time to be reassessed. Nothing had really changed, but the assessor, and as it turns out, also the decision maker, decided to award me the grand sum of 0 points, down from 14 the first time around.

It's now gone as far as tribunal, this was about 3 month ago. I've spoken to C.A.B., and the huge pile of papers DWP sent as their reply also included what I have, Multiple Sclerosis, Anxiety, Depression & Borderline Personality Disorder. C.A.B. are fairly confident they've shot themselves in the foot by relaying their knowledge of this despite the 0 points and seeming to think despite those four things, i sit at home in a perfectly happy state with no issues at all, and the C.A.B. worker is confident the judge will go in my favour, should nothing intervene with that.
    Unfortunately, the issue now is i've had no benefits (except basic level ESA) for nearly 6 month, and my financial situation is now very bleak, there's no savings left, no nothing, and the companies i owe money to, even the electric company, are fairly up in arms and heavily laying on the threats now.

Is there any number I can ring, or any company or government body that specifically handles tribunals that might be able to give me an approximate time before i'll be seen by the local tribunal? I'm not expecting them to bump me up some waiting list, everyone on that is probably in a similar position to me, but it'd be nice to know some sort of expected dates / waiting time.

I live smack bang in the middle of the West Yorkshire Urban Area, so i suspect its probably one of the busier places for tribunals
    Last edited by Redirect Left; 04-10-2017 at 2:59 PM.
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 4th Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 1,360 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    You would ring the Tribunal that's dealing with your appeal. There's not really any time scales for these Tribunals because it totally depends on the backlog in your area.
    • Redirect Left
    • By Redirect Left 4th Oct 17, 11:48 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Redirect Left
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:48 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:48 PM
    Will they be able to tell me anything, or would it be a wasted call?
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 5th Oct 17, 6:40 AM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 1,360 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:40 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:40 AM
    Will they be able to tell me anything, or would it be a wasted call?
    Originally posted by Redirect Left
    You'll need to ring to find out, sorry but the Tribunal are the only ones that can tell you anything. No one here will know.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,196Posts Today

6,913Users online

Martin's Twitter